• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

kind of off topic but it still has to do with fishing.

axelman

Hey guys I have a research paper that I have to write, so I thought what beter topic is there then fishing.So I have narrowed my topic down to "what has been the result of historic developments in recreational/sport fishing?" so this would include everything from the development of the fishing pole to the development, of portables, sonars and GPS systems.So to get to the point I am looking for a good source that explains the history of fishing equipment. Thanks in advance and good luck fishing to all.

Were we started to were we are now us a very broad topic like mentioned above u would narrow it down to what your most passionate about. The revolution of electronics, auger's, GPS.... pick one and then dive in.

I did one for a speech in h.s about decoys and the teacher really learned something from me. smile

How far back you want to go? Maybe the biggest evolution in fishing was the invention of the hook probably in about 6000 BC. Advice about narrowing it down it sound.

"Advancement in ice fishing line since 1991"

"Study of barometric pressure and the impact of changes of more than 3% on open water fishing"

Stuff like that.

I assume this isn't for some 4 fourth grade English class.

thanks for the quick responses guys.First of all its a paper for my 12th grade H.S. english class just to clarify that. The paper is going to be ten pages long total so thats why I want to focus on a few things such as electronics, fishing line, tackle, and barometric pressure. Also I am going to narrow it down to ice fishing only.