• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Randy Moss proclaims himself the greatest receiver of all time

fishersofmen

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I needed one guy to make a game winning catch I'd want Rice. Moss did waste some of his talent, but he also did a good job with what he had to work with. Rice had Montana and Young, outside of Brady, who really thru the ball to Moss? One good year with Cunningham and George. So in his 14 seasons, he had 3 quality QBs throw to him. I suppose throw Daunte in there but still.

the thing with moss and the qbs that were throwing to him is that all he needed was a qb that could fling it deep. it's not like randy ran crossing routes across the middle. I think it would be hard to argue there has never been a more dangerous deep threat than moss; at least when he felt like trying to make the catch. but best ever nope. he had the natural talent to do that but not the attitude or head.

I can honestly say I'd rather have calvin johnson on my team right now than randy moss even in his prime. I'd rather have cris carter during most of his career than moss as well. at least with those guys you know the player isn't going to quit on you if the going gets a little tough.

Did anyone else notice a lack of effort from Moss during the game? It looked like he was just kind of trotting around and wasn't very excited to be there.....unless he has just slowed down that much.

He plays when he wants to play, and he didnt play in the super bowl

I think last week I said Moss doesn't fight for the ball I should've added leap for it, back in his prime he was a master at using his body to shield the catch away from the defender, he was simply taller also, he's just above fighting for the ball, if he isn't hit in stride nearly forget it, QB's fault lol. In a way he's a sissy. He looks so stupid getting tackled, if he would've fought hard for extra yardage man, like Crabtree did on his TD, Moss would've went down b4 the hit(s), but no he goes down easier than grandma's falling off the bone turkey at thanksgiving. I always thought toughness came with any football player, heck the Baltimore Punter plays tougher than Moss. What does he have to lose at the end of his era and in the superbowl, maximum effort should've been seen on every play, I guess he didn't want to be on a hi-light reel getting lit up once. If he would've used that vertical maybe Reed doesn't get the pick, even if Randy deflects that ball, then at least make the darn tackle Randy, incredible really, proclaim to be the best and I kept forgetting he was in the game. Really, too bad for SF they lost Mario Manningham, Moss would've been pickin more slivers. If TO could go for over 100 with that injury he played with in the SB cmon Randy. But we see it a lot, tons of talent, never taking the final step. I think admitting every blue moon wasn't a great interview. Time to go look back at 1998 and his production to get past Atlanta.

Moss came into the game when the whole pass first.. run later offense started becoming the only thing any team did anymore... when moss was with the vikes... teams didn't have safeties and CBs built like WRs like they do now... Moss just had an early advantage on defenses... today defenses are built to stop players like him all the time now

kinda how now AP can exploit defenses that are built to stop the passing game... with little to no concern about the run game

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Yeah right...you're just saying that cause your a closet Packer fan....who was in the Super Bowl again...teams built to stop the run smile