• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Out of luck for my borrowed Lakemaster & H2Oc?

MyDogRyder

I am borrowing my dad's Lowrance H2Oc handheld and his lakemaster chip to use around the Aitkin/Mcgregor area where I live... But upon looking at the map and the local lakes,I find that this version only has 2 of about a dozen lakes I would like to fish. Am I out of luck with this version? Can I update it? Do I have to shell out $100+ bucks for the current version? Will that version even work with this H2Oc? I am confused with the purchase of Lakemaster by Johnson Outdoors. Is there another lake map chip I can use?

Another side question. I would like to get a handheld & map chip set-up of my own soon, so What would you guys recommend? The GPS would mainly be used for Ice Fishing, Geocaching, and Hiking.

Thanks a ton guys!!!

If you have a smart phone you could save huge money and buy the navionics ap for 10-15 bucks... Has all those lakes. I also have a h2o and have not used it this year tomorrow will actually be first time using it this season up on mille lakes.

X2!

Another side question. I would like to get a handheld & map chip set-up of my own soon, so What would you guys recommend? The GPS would mainly be used for Ice Fishing, Geocaching, and Hiking.

Thanks a ton guys!!!

Reeds has some pretty good sales with a Garmin Handheld already teamed up with a Lake Chip ( Garmins Upper Midwest Fishing Guide ) that covers many States, that chip also includes road information and public access locations too.

Geocaching is right up Garmin's ally, they really cater to that crowd. There are a ton of free maps you can download to the Garmins to for Topo, Hiking and others.

MNTrax is a handy chip to have if you hunt public land and it also carries lake info too, it's worth checking into.

Mike

the cheap navionics app for the phone is nice, but you get what you pay for- The lakemaster chip has been dead on everytime i use it. With navionics, thats not always the case. I have a Garmin dakota 2.0 handheld with the lake master chip and love it