• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

bluegill location

Nolan

Need some help with the experts on here. The body of water is a ten acre pond. A south basin of 6 acres at 50 ft seperated by a 4ft bar with a 4 acrea basin at 25 ft. The whole pond is surrounded by cattails and gradually tapers to 10ft and then rapidly drops off into the basins. Also has really clear water. I can find all the three inch crappies i want but I have yet to find the gills.

Need some help with the experts on here. The body of water is a ten acre pond. A south basin of 6 acres at 50 ft seperated by a 4ft bar with a 4 acrea basin at 25 ft. The whole pond is surrounded by cattails and gradually tapers to 10ft and then rapidly drops off into the basins. Also has really clear water. I can find all the three inch crappies i want but I have yet to find the gills.

Is this the famous Tiger lake?

whistle

Do you know for a fact they are in there? Bluegills I've been catching recently have moved off of the shallow spots I was getting them in and out to the basins. Might want to start popping holes in there until you find them.

Keep in mind, a small pond is going to have oxygen depletion issues and this will force the fish out into the basins.

Yes I know for sure they are. Do gills suspend like crappies even over fifty feet? And do bulls act different then smaller gills? This body of water has a lot of dinks but a good population of 10's.

I tend to start early fishing them in green healthy weeds as mentioned above. As the season progresses and the weeds die off I work my way out to the deep weed edge. If you poke some holes on the edges you should find some bigger fish.