• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Troubles with an Aqua-Vu scout

Mr Special

yesterday i borrowed a friends camera. ive used it for short periods of time before and he hasnt used it much either. so neither of us are very familiar with the unit.

the camera had sum technical difficulties. seem like after about 5mins of use, the screen starts to get all funky, then starts shrinking and eventually will turn dark. i thought maybe the batter wasnt charged fully, since i didnt charge it. so last nite place it on the charger and it did the same thing this morning as well.

anyone ever experience this?

havent had something like that but try checking the connection... cant think of any name for the back of it other than its similiar to an electrical board thats usually where my problems are from. though i do have an older one not sure if they may have gotten rid of that style

JP, they are the same physical size aren't they? Mine's an older scout, first one I think, and I use new batteries in it. Mine's definatly rectangular. Another question though for your memory, mine has the perch camera on it, is there a better camera out there that would have better morning/evening viewing? The old company smile replaced mine with the perch one.

Plug it in using the ac power cord, if it still does it under ac power its a not the battery. if it dosen't do it under ac power it's the battery. Mine won't work unless it's plugged into ac power because the battery only lasts about two minutes.

The battery that came with my Scout 2 didn't last one season before it needed replacing. Also something to check is the connection to the battery and the at the board.

The female connector to be exact and it would require some tightening up.

Good tip about using the aux power plug.

JP, they are the same physical size aren't they? Mine's an older scout, first one I think, and I use new batteries in it. Mine's definatly rectangular. Another question though for your memory, mine has the perch camera on it, is there a better camera out there that would have better morning/evening viewing? The old company smile replaced mine with the perch one.

Hawg,

The original Scouts were on the blue shuttle and had a 12V5Ah battery and their fishskin was a Bluegill. the lighting on them from what I remember was IR. So if they have changed yours with a Perch does it now have the SR lighting which is a visible light? As that may help you out more in lower light conditions. As for the newer Aqua-Vus and their lighting I haven't followed them much since the new company has them.

Should point out the Scout 2 had the larger size battery though.