• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bryce, on this forum (and URL forum too) breeds some nice looking chocolates. I'm not sure of the best way to contact him though.... I've seen his web site before I think.....but I don't recall the address.
Really nice looking chocolates.

Geez....Bryce,,,,,I think this is the third guy I've sent your way........can I get a deal when I need to replace my 12yo GR ?? wink.gif ) I'd hate for my yellow lab Molly to be lonely.

Good Luck !!
Twitter

[This message has been edited by Twitter (edited 08-06-2003).]

Dont waste your time on any Lab. Chesapeake Bay Retrievers are the ONLY way to go. I can refer you to a couple of breeders. You will probly have to wait for your pup. That is if you or your son can pass the interview. There are 3 breeders Im thinking of and 2 are in MN, 1 is in Idaho. The 1 in ID is by far the best. Dont buy any dog from the "want adds", do some research and find a breeder that breeds dogs for your style. Chessies are by far superior dogs, so if you would consider one let me know. Also there are a ton af myths about Chessies, and most of the people spreading these lies havent even owned one. Sure there are some that arent worth a dump, and some breeders just making a buck. But there are way more Labs just like that, "not worth a dump." Good Luck & GOOD SHOOTIN J Rookie

Box Car:
Check with OnLine Retrievers in Oglive. I think they have a litter ready to go right now. I have some other connections I can check out too if you would like.

JRK:
"Dont waste your time on any Lab." [PoorWordUsage]? He asked abut a lab so maybe that is what he wants. Not a i'll tempered, drooling, leg humper Chessie (I know not all of them are that way but i've seen a few.)
"Chessies are by far superior dogs"? For what? How do you know what he wants?
Just try to help the guy out don't put down the dog he chooses.

Out
Diezel

Diezel,

Thank you for defending labs. Chessies have there place. They can be good dogs. That guy has obviously never hunted with a good lab cause for an all around gun dog chessies don't hold a candle. Like Diezel said, the guy wants to know a good place to get a lab so don't come in here and start ripping on one breed of dog.

As for the guy whose son was looking for a good chocolate. Check out the web site for Nan-Dool Kennels (just do a search for those exact words). On the home page there will be a picture of ELWOOD. He is an awesome dog with great bloodlines. Click on the puppies button and that will give you the contact info. to check with Nan-Dool about upcoming litters that Elwood will stud. If your son wants to spend the money he can't go wrong with Elwood's offspring.

Labs are just as good retreivers as Chessies. And overall are friendlier. I have had both breeds and know others with both breeds. My Chesapeake was nice to me but not to others. Nobody would hunt with me. So he went to someone that liked hunting alone. Then I got Hercules. He is the nicest dog you could meet.(Lab of course)At a little over a year old his first big hunt was a North Dakota duck hunt. He was flawless. Has a soft mouth, sits quietly in the blind, handles great on blind retreives, does not bark at all(once or twice in three years)OOPS! I'm sorry, am I bragging about LABS too much. Did not mean to.

I run my litters in the "want ads". Guess they must not be all that great????? www.geocities.com/spankylabs for those of you who haven't seen it. Thanks Twitter, come on over and see momma Choards sometime.

Just ran through the calender with my wife to plan winter travel. Next litter should be on the ground in mid January. Cuts into my ice fishing but have to get another dog started to replace Choards.

[This message has been edited by Bryce (edited 08-16-2003).]

Bryce - Great looking Labs!! I actually had your site in my favorites from awhile ago. Don't know how I found it but I thought just in case I ever think about another I'd check yours out. Choardsie looks ALOT like mine!

If anyone is still interested in a lab, my chocolate will be expecting in early December. 2 females are already gone. Mama (Mocha), retrieved her first duck out of a fast stretch of the Crow River at 5.5 months.

If you do the math, her pups will be about 10 months old for their first duck hunt...perfect! She's only about 55 lbs, 4 yrs old. The stud is a black lab, about 80 lbs...both have papers. It is likely that she'll have choc's, blacks, and yellows.

Mocha's first retrieves this year was after we dumped 3 mallards on the water in about 45 seconds. She retrieved one, blind retrieved the second one, and picked out and chased down a winger we couldn't dust in our deeks. I've done all of the training with her, no collar, and I'm by no means an expert.

Let me know guys...I'll definitely be posting in the $150 and up link with pics when she has them.

Box Car,

I purchased a lab from Good Going Kennels in Baldwin Wisc. I've been very happy with her instinct and trainability. I originally called Dokkens and this is a place they recommened to me since they didn't have any litters at the time.

I to will be looking for a yellow lab this Winter. You guys gave some good pointers on where to get a hsolist, now can you fill me in on YL's! I prefer a light to white coloration and one that is fairly large. I love those big box heads! Anyway, if anyone has good leads, please pass it on.

I second Good Going Kennels. My dad has a 10 year old female Black Lab from there and my buddies bought me a yellow female from there for a wedding present. My yellow is 6 months old now and she just went on her first hunting trip last weekend. I couldn't ask for a more even tempered dog with great instincts. Dokken also recommended that my friends go to Good Going. I couldn't ask for a better dog and my dad feels the same way about his lab from there. I know that there are a lot of good kennels out there, but I highly recommend Good Going.

I too got my Choc Lab Female from Good Going Kennels in Baldwin, WI and would highly recommend it. They are great people to work with. The dog is now 8 1/2 months old, well tempered, great with my little cousins, sticks with in 10 - 20 feet when in woods, and loves to go hunting.

jlm,
I am picking up a yellow lab next week from a breeder in the Camp Ripley area. He has pups going pretty regularly and seems to have really good dogs around there. AKC, great bloodlines, eyes and hips guarantees, nice, clean kennels, and their is a sire around there that is the biggest lab that I have ever seen. Built like a rock with a box shaped head. That is the sire of my female pup. The sires father is Rik's Risky Raider. I didn't know anything about him but searched on google for his name and it came back with many sites talking about him. Email me if you would like more info
[email protected]