• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Nisswaguy

GPS tracking device

After hearing recent reports of wheelhouses being stolen, I'm considering purchasing a GPS tracking device to hide somewhere in/on my wheelhouse to protect my investment. Does anyone currently use one? If so, which one and how do you like it?

There are a couple of systems out there, lojack, finditnow etc. I dont know for sure what costs are involved. I think it is a few hundred for the initial setup and first year and maybe 99 dollars a year after.

I am not sure if this would work for your application but it might be worth checking out.

Garmin GTU 10

That looks like it could be the ticket waterwolff! Thanks! Have you had any experience with that unit?

Check amazon, there are a lot of good reviews.

Heard some guy on the radio bought a boot for his car tire off eeeeeebay like the police use so people could not steal it. With one of those you would not have any worries what so ever and would not have tk go through the troubld of finding it.

Just saw there about $50 +/- on eeeebay

SPOT locator beacons have been out there for some time a basic SPOT locator will probably do what you want, I think they are something like $50 for the device, then a yearly subscription which isn't too bad considering what some folks have tied up into these fish houses these days.

I'm not sure what the battery life is on these though, a person should find that out.

full-623-29565-spot.jpg

Theres a product called Riders Eye. I first heard about on fishers atv show. It looked like a good product.

yep...I suppose they could take off the tire crazy

I guess I'd try other thing before GPS. Tire lock, tongue lock, winch lock. If it's too much work, their not going to do it.

...and if their willing to take the tire off and have a spare on hand, it just wasen't meant to be!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• We were "missing" a few pieces of chicken between the time we took them out of the smoker and put them on the grill with the BBQ sauce. They vanished, I swear!
    • Figured I would post me and my brothers build on here since this is where I got most of the information from. Thanks to lipripper for posting his builds and answering questions. I pretty much based the house off of his with a couple of my own tweaks. Im not sure how pictures are posted on this it’s looking like they will all be at the end of my post so maybe I’ll start with one post then keep adding to it so the pictures stay in some order ( I was bad at taking pictures so I probably missed some stuff) So here we go...   The frame is a Berkon 21’ with a 4’ V galvanized. We called berkon and the guy said they had one frame left and it was $700 cheaper than normal price since they were changing something for ice castle so we put money down to hold it then he called and said ice castle needed it but they were going to make us a new one (this was the start of our struggles). Which actually worked out nice since we could move some bracing around and move the hydraulic pump to a different spot. We had them move the back center brace so we could have 3 holes between our couches similar to papabear. We  thought about doing aluminum but the guy at berkon said the weight savings would only be about 700 lbs and I personally don’t like how aluminum seems to get brittle in the cold.  Prior to getting the frame I tried to order as much stuff as I could think of like others have said to do but since this was our first fish house I wasn’t 100% sure on everything. I used google sketch to layout the studs and the windows. Hoping everything would work out as planned. 
    • Spring only for me, when Orioles first return. Mine never get hit much. 
    • Not sure if somebody put a lot of time in to make this or if it was something Arctic Cat made. I could see someone pulling this around Hay Days.Thought it was just to cool to pass up. 
    • Whatever trades they might make won’t be to make a run. It’s going to be to rebuild. I guess there’s still some interest in Dozier from a couple teams, but otherwise, we don’t have much trade value in anyone. I’m just still hoping we finish .500.
    • The popular speculation is that the lakers are taking this season “off”, and waiting until next year to sign a big name or 2, one of which could be Butler. Personally, I don’t think there’s any chance Butler re signs with the wolves (he already turned down the first offer), as long as Wiggins remains on the team! And at this point, Wiggins is untradable. 
    • do agree, like your thoughts...
    • Yeah, none of the recipes say to pre-cook the potatoes but I think I might do it next time or else just open the packets and throw the shrimp in at the end. I was surprised though that the shrimp was good and didn't seem too over cooked. I think the key is to make sure to use raw shrimp not pre-cooked.
    • A lot of talk about a lot of nothing...until it is actually something! 🤔😏  As long as Thibs is here I believe that Jimmy has  chance to stay.  If Jimmy were to leave I would be surprised if he stayed in the west but if he did matching him up with LAbron would be a tough duo to build around.
    • A lot of good looking recipes on Old Bay's s i t e : Old Bay Recipes