• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice Castle dripping!

FIRECAT

I've got a 2013 Ice Castle Walleye Tracker with the skylight in the ceiling. Is anybody else getting a lot of water dripping down from all the condensation these things form? Im afraid its going to seep into the roof and cause big problems.

I have an Ice castle and love it. I will say though when I saw these Sky lights they started to put in the first thing I thought was how long it would break from hail? Second thing was how much was it going to Condensate?

I hope you are able to resolve your problem.

I've got a 2013 Ice Castle Walleye Tracker with the skylight in the ceiling. Is anybody else getting a lot of water dripping down from all the condensation these things form? Im afraid its going to seep into the roof and cause big problems.

When my buddy picked his up, I was like oh yeah skylight awesome idea. Gets more light in. Problems with a rain shower. frown

The first time I saw the skylight, I thought "there's gonna be a problem". They cause enough problems in regular houses, kept at 70 degrees year round. A fish house with high humidity, heating & cooling cycles of 100 degrees, combined with the fiberglass insulation, and cheap interior paneling is going to be a big problem long term. On paper, or from a YouTube video it sounds cool, but I wouldn't touch it.

What size is the sky light?

Is there away you can cut out a piece of foam and insert it into the sky light?

This would insulate the sky light and keep the heat away from the sky light and prevent the condensation.

I know you can buy a 12x12 pillow at RV dealers to block the light from the roof vents.