• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Black Pheasant

Never even heard of them till I saw one at the end of our driveway today...

did a little research and they are called...

-----------------------------------------------

Melanistic Mutants

This melanistic mutant is a pure breed. These large, beautiful pheasants feature an iridescent, greenish-black plumage. A favorite variety for release, they display a remarkable ability to survive and reproduce in the wild. Prime habitat consists of 55-70 % crop fields such as corn, soybean, or small grains. The remainder of the habitat should include some wetlands, grassland, and woodland or brushy thickets

---------------------------------------------------------------

He didnt let me get too close but could care less about the cars going by 10ft away...

014-1_zpsa2170028.jpg

I Shot a golden on my trip to ND last season. Absolutely one of the most beautiful birds I've ever seen. Ran into the nagging feeling I get when harvesting one of these beautiful animals, I almost wish I let it fly. It was a smaller one or else I'd would have gotten it mounted. Tasted delicous though!

I Shot a golden on my trip to ND last season. Absolutely one of the most beautiful birds I've ever seen. Ran into the nagging feeling I get when harvesting one of these beautiful animals, I almost wish I let it fly. It was a smaller one or else I'd would have gotten it mounted. Tasted delicous though!

Wow that is awesome. I would have mounted it regardless of size. The golden must have got off a farm. They are usually found in the wild in the mountains of China.

full-14148-29902-800px_male_golden_pheas