• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Minnesota Night Hunting Coyotes

MN regs state for night hunting coyotes, 1. Must use a shotgun. 2. Must use a caller. 3. be on foot. 4. 200ft away from truck. 5. May use artificial light hand held. Question: Can I scan a field looking for coyotes during a calling session with a powerful handheld spot light, or do I have to wait and only turn the light on as Im about to shoot. Red filter a must? How many candle power for 150Yrds? Why do G.M., F.F., and Cabs sell scope mounted spot lights for? I can't find a legal way to use them. Am I missing something?

Good question about all these places selling these things. Just like them selling deer blocks that contain food and other baiting ingredients. Theres a place on 65 heading north that every year has corn for baiting for sale. I think the state should ban the sell of these and not tempt anyone into buying and placing. Baiting is going to ruin deer hunting in MN

Those regs are if you're using an artificail light...if you're hunting a full moon and not using a light you can use a rifle...as for the scope mounted spotlights...if you are holding your gun with your hands wouldn't any thing attached to it also be considered "hand-held"? smirk And those scope mounted lights are probably legal in other states, so you could purchase them here and get set up before you go where they are legal...or you could mount them on you racoon gun and use them to shoot treed game...that's legal in MN...