• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Strut question

The black ones are Monroe, the better of the three options. Monroe also has a blue version which is still better tan the Gabriel which is also blue.

Unless the is a broken spring or a bearing making noise there really is no reason to use a quick strut.

Last night I tried turning the wheels while parked and the noise quit after just a few turns but after driving a few blocks the noise returned when turning.

I used a impact wrench during installation so I might have over tightened the top bolts, how important is this part.

Do I need to have an alignment done now?

Thanks

HTB

Yes an alignment needs to be done. Even if the new struts are not slotted toe will be off and it never hurts to see where the other measurements are.

In your case HTB I would drive it for a bit to see if that noise goes away. If it doesn't and your sure its the strut than replace that strut and then get it aligned.

I hit the top bolts with a 3/8 impact on every one that has them. Zip and two wonks and there good to go.

Dumb question, but how bad are the blue Monroe struts? I was just going to put some on my car.

Can you convince me to pay $189 each for the black ones, compared to the $67 each for the blue ones?

No I can't!

We dont install a lot of monroe blues. Usually there is a tight budget, a busted spring and a blown tire. Most of the time its monroe blacks.