• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

striker ice suit?

slick2526

I want to buy a striker ice climate suit before this next winter. They seem to be pretty nice. whats your thoughts? Also I have read a few people saying the sizing chart seems to be a little off. I am 6'1" with a 32" inseam and a 34" waist. Should I go with a medium or a large set?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the striker suits float, unless you find one of last years. Sizing wise they run small, so I would say if you wear a medium normally then go with a large. I believe there is a retailer in your neck of the woods but I will double check and post back when I find out.

Bump

I am also looking for a suit....would like more info from owners please.

Do they make suits that float?

yes they float. I have one of last year regular suits (now the Hardwater). they do offer non floating ones too. the floaters are the lite, Hardwater, & Climate. just verify you chose the floating model over the non floatering models of these. the suit is well worth the money. I will never ice fish without one of their suits ever again.

Not a pitch man, and so far so good. Know they had some initial small problems, but appears they have been worked out. No rips or frayed seams so far. Have the climate and fished some big windy lakes without the liner, but not a real diehard bucket sitter. Can't imagine it would not be suitable for that though. First time I used it with the liner it was zero outside in an uninsulated hub with a single can buddy on low .....and it was too hot. Fabric seems very breathable and knee pads seem well designed with adjustable inseam so you can place them correctly. There are also a bunch little bells and whistles like a beverage holder, but have yet to use it smile Yes, it floats.....the flotation comes from the fabric design/material and not sewn in devices, which to me seems me less bulky and flexible.

I've owned the blue Clam suit, AA camo suit, and still have the grey clam X2, striker hardwater and the new Climit suit. I like the Climit the best of them all and it's my favorite jacket I've owned. The jacket doesn't look like your typical ice fishing jacket so I wear it everyday and every place I go. The other day I went for a snowmobile ride with my Climit suit and then came home and put the x2 suit on which I always thought was a very warm jacket but the Climit was noticeably warmer! The best thing about Striker Ice is the venting in the jacket and bibs allow you to adjust how warm you get.

The Climit bibs are very nice too with my only complaint being since I'm short I need them adjusted all the way up and with the adjustable hem, gators and removable liner when I open everything up to put boots on it takes some time to get everything closed back up and there's so many snaps, zippers and Velcro I'm not even sure I'm doing it right. By the time I get them completely on I'm starting to sweat if I put them on in the house.

The Climate Suit jackets run a little smaller than last year's models' jackets. The bibs run about the same. I wear an XL in both bibs and jacket in the LITE and heavy suits I got last year. Plenty of room for me in both. I'm 5-9, 225, 30 inch inseam and 36 inch waist.

In the Climate Suit, I chose a XXL jacket because of the somewhat tighter fit, and stuck with the XL bibs. In the interests of full disclosure, I'm a pro staffer for Striker, but would not have become pro staff for them unless I believed in the product 100 percent. That's what it takes for me to put my name behind something.

Striker suits are the best designed and warmest ice gear for the weight that I've ever worn. The heavier suit from last year is hands down the warmest, so warm I don't bring it out unless it's -20 or colder and I'm fishing out in the open. I haven't used the Climate Suit much yet, but the LITE suit of last year's design keeps me plenty warm in temps down to -20.

I purchased the Hardwater bibs and jacket earlier this month. I wore the bibs/jacket on the ice during the land hurricane last weekend, and was not cold at all. I have other ice fishing outerwear that would not have done the same in that kind of wind. I am totally sold on Striker Ice outwear after last Saturday. Go get a bib/jacket set for yourself. You won't regret it.

All I can say is I'm spending money on one this year. A good friend of mine has the climate suit, and after hearing him whine and gripe because he's "too hot" in his suit while I'm layered up to the hills in my warmest gear and still ice cold, I'd say the price tag is far outweighed by the benefits. The floatation, of course, deals te deal for me.

All the striker suits float, unless you find one of last years. Sizing wise they run small, so I would say if you wear a medium normally then go with a large. I believe there is a retailer in your neck of the woods but I will double check and post back when I find out.

Looks like bemidji is the closest retail location.

I own the Lite bibs and the Hardwater bibs and jacket from last year. Have not tried the Climate suit on. To help out with sizing I am 6' even and have a 32" waist, 34" inseam. The large bibs that I have would have plenty of room for at least a 34" waist. As far as length goes I am in the middle hem line so I'd estimate there would be room for 2" in either direction. Hope this helps some similar sized guys out.

I fish in my portable almost exclusively but I do really like the heavy suit for the wheeler rides to and from. The first thing I do is take my hat and jacket off, sometimes before drilling holes. If I were looking for a suit this year I would buy that Climate suit in a heartbeat. Nothing but positive comments from me and I paid full retail for all pieces.

I bought one this fall from thorne bros they had them on sale for 300. Best money i feel very well spent im 5"10 and i have them adjusted all the way up and they still seem a little long im 36 waist and bought a extra large you cannot tell that they float they look like any ice fishing suit and they block the wind very good.

Bait den in st cloud has them.

HAD... Was in yesterday and there was 1 suit left in like a medium or small. I was also told no more orders until next year. Guessing I shouldn't wait so long to make a decision.

I am 6'0" 180 lbs w/ a 33 waist and a 34 inseam and I personally found the large bibs to be too saggy. I am extremely pleased with the fit of the mediums. I purchased the large suit at the ice fishing show and was able to exchange them afterwords. I had to go with the large jacket only because I have long arms. My only complaint about the suit is that the abdominal section of the coat is made for big stomachs. A lot of room in there, but for most, it's probably not a bad thing. Definitely make sure to try it on before you buy.

All I can say is I'm spending money on one this year. A good friend of mine has the climate suit, and after hearing him whine and gripe because he's "too hot" in his suit while I'm layered up to the hills in my warmest gear and still ice cold, I'd say the price tag is far outweighed by the benefits. The floatation, of course, deals te deal for me.

whining huh... i have the climate i have xl bibs and 3x jacket but i have broad shoulders, dont go off the sizing chart its best to go try them on.

whinii have the climate i have xl bibs and 3x jacket but i have broad shoulders, dont go off the sizing chart its best to go try them on.
NKL we must be built about the same. I went out and looked at them today and think I would go with the 3x jacket so I can have other layers under it mainly if I use it for sleding and the bibs would be XL also.

I got mine there, and not to put Dave on the spot, but just take some measurements and he should be able to hook you up over the phone....worked for me....delivered within 24 hours, for cheaper than locally.