• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Coach Dog

Mathews Creed

Anyone else shoot or buy the new Creed yet? Have shot a lot of bows and I don't think any can match this one. Ultra smooth draw, solid back wall, fast, dead in hand, and most importantly, accurate as all get-out.

my hunting partner just bought one this past fall and complained that it was louder than his 2 year old Matthews. It shouldn't matter how loud a bow is if you hit your deer with the first shot!

I think some people are too picky, and I'm sure it's an awesome bow!

It shouldn't matter how loud a bow is if you hit your deer with the first shot!

Actually I'd disagree with that. If that spot you drawing back the noise of the shot IS enough for them to "jump the string"

The Creed I shot was incredibly quiet. Just ordered my own today.

I like the Helim a lot better. Shot the creed up at the shop still would go with the Helim if I would buy a Matthews bow.

Too bad Mathews doesn't offer much to guys with a DL over 30 and their bows have DL specific cams. They work for most people but of us long armed goons they really don't have much to offer.

I thought it was incredibly quiet as well. I adjusted the string stop on mine after the first few arrows, then it was REAL quiet

Actually I'd disagree with that. If that spot you drawing back the noise of the shot IS enough for them to "jump the string"

The Creed I shot was incredibly quiet. Just ordered my own today.

I guess I agree as well, but another guy I know took a 47 yard shot at an 11 pointer last fall, and it heard the snap of his bow. To his surprise, when the buck heard the bow, it lowered it's body and the arrow lodged in the deer's spine. I guess the noise of the bow worked out for him!

To each their own.

still not a fan of the honeycomb look just weird

I like Mathews but the honeycomb sure looks ugly..to me anyways. They shoot nice and quiet and there last 4 years of bows are all the same; quality, smooth, quiet and fast.

Fortunately I'm a Bowtech fan....just saying grincool

All seriousness you can't go wrong with any bow now days, it's a fine line between most bows on the market and your pocket book.

MR

i like it. looked at one here in williston the other day. sweet bow! but i'm sticking with PSE for a while smile

how is this different from a Z7. its got the same looks.

Split limbs, limb pocket design, reverse bow limbs, cams and a slightly smaller string stop.

Sure the riser is more like the Helim than the Z7 too.

I shot the Creed today and like it. I'm no expert on bows as anything is an upgrade from my 20 yr old PSE. I'll probably be pulling the trigger on one shortly.

Too bad Mathews doesn't offer much to guys with a DL over 30 and their bows have DL specific cams. They work for most people but of us long armed goons they really don't have much to offer.

X2

shot the creed next to the elite hunter. result was IMO, both shot very nice, backwall seems better on the elite and felt a bit more sting vibration on the creed, maybe cause of the split limbs?? i ordered the elite with 100% snow camo.

I appreciate the dialog here as I'm seriously thinking of getting new bowhunting gear this fall. I understand that Mathews pretty much leads the market in bow quality, but man oh man are they spendy!

As has been stated here previously, it seems that most bows today are pretty much very similar in most ways. I'd really like to get a good quality bow, and accessories, but with so many choices it's really tough to know which one is the best to go with?

If you had $1000 budgeted for the whole package, what would be the best choice for a good quality hunting bow package? I've budgeted additional money for new clothing, a good quality safety harness, etc.

I continue to shoot a Mathews because the shot feels smoothest to me. I think I've become so used to the solocam that it just feels right. When I began shooting Mathews in the late 90's I personally thought they were the best, hands down.

Even being a Mathews shooter I think other bows have done a lot of catching up. I do have some friends that really like their Bow Techs. Also you could check Kregs List. I saw a Heli M out there loaded in your price range.

Just get what feels best to you. Good Luck!

Canopy Sam, Mathews also sells Mission bows. They are less expensive than most of their Mathews line and have mostly the same components and the same lifetime warranty. I bought a Riot last fall and could not be happier. My buddy had a Z7 and he really liked the feel of my bow when he drew it back. $399 bare bones. With all the attachments, arrows, I put just under $600 into it. I will shoot this bow until I can't draw back anymore. BC

Thanks BigCountry! That's a great place to start. I don't presume to be a professional hunter, so I don't think I really need the absolute best gear. For six bills that leaves me plenty of wiggle room for other stuff that needs to be part of the package.

Might even swing for two matched bows of this caliber, one for me, and one for my eldest son. I'd wager they'd give me a real good bargain if I offered to buy two of the same package, eh? At least I hope they would?

Still gotta swing a Block, bow case, arrows, broadheads, release, new cloths, and a good quality safety harness (I typed in safety harness again, not only cause I need one, but also cause I like to see the way it automatically is italicized in green letters, and underlined crazy ).

Thanks guys. Didn't mean to hijack the thread, but it seemed a good place to ask about quality equipment.