• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Shortening my slug gun stock

LAst year was my first year out in the field with my Mossberg 500 slug gun. A few times I needed to take a peek through my scope to see if the deer had antlers and with all of my gear on it was a little bit of a chore to get the gun extended and shouldered right. It's just too long. I am thinking of taking 1-2 inches off the stock before next year. Am I over simplifying this but I just figure to pull the butt plate off and cut the same angle and take 1-2 inches off and put the butt plate back on. In my experience there are few things that end up being as simple as I think. Any suggestion on how to accomplish this with little pain would be appreciated. Thanks.

I shorten my slug, for the same reason. I tried to cut my own, it didn't work you need a jig to put it in to make it work. I needed to take it to gun smith. I did find a better way, I now buy a youth stock, they work great and you still have your other stock to put back on when you don't have all the cloths on.