• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ion Electric Auger Tip

Lip_Ripper Guy

As most people who have this auger may have learned, or will learn, if the battery gets cold the auger runs for about 2 seconds, then stops, then starts for 2 seconds, stops, etc. It seems to run with no load, but as soon as you try to drill normally it'll stop.

I've experimented the last two times out with starting with a cold battery. Both times I have drilled for the first two seconds, and then when the auger stops, I start it back up again, but lift up a little to hold it from drilling as aggressively as it normally wants to. It keeps drilling, and once I get through the first hole, the battery must generate enough internal heat to drill normally. Good to go!

Just a tip in case you forget your battery outside!!

The battery not working when it gets cold is the only negative I've found on my ION. Does anyone know at what temp the battery being outside is no longer a problem? The first time out I left mine in the truck at -6 for about 2 hours because I knew I was done drilling for the day but a guy came over and I wanted to show him how well it drilled and it did the 2 second on thing then off. It only takes one time to learn always keep it warm and I think leaving it in the cold shortens the overall life of the battery too.