• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
HandGunner

the right roof rack?

What are the roof racks called were they just attach to the door hinges? Im maybe getting a smaller car (toyota yaris) I already have a roof top carrier kit that has foam blocks and straps but I might opt to buy another yak for another person so now I would need to transport 2 kayaks or maybe get a 2 person canoe and the rack would make it all that much easier to get it strapped and ready to go.

another thing is would anybody like to trade a 2 person canoe for a brand new LIFETIME payette 9'8" sit in kayak? would like to be fishing with my gf or a buddy but still have portability when fishing alone

Before you buy anything you really need to check out Yakima Racks.....easy to find their site or maybe a local dealer. Best, top quality and have been around a long time. Great people to work with and ready to explain products and help you get what you want.

i see alot of thule racks for sale used on clist but how would you tell if they require cars with bars already or if they attatch to the door frames?

Awww the ol' foam blocks. The scratches are still on my car....

Yakimas are excellent racks, as are Thule. I ended up picking a Thule because you don't need a stretch kit with you're using cradles (square bars). It ended up less expensive to go that route.

When I do it again I'll be getting the Aero bars. Way quieter.

I use the Malone Handirack for my kayak (granted I have an older car) once I get my new car I will definitely be paying the extra dime to put on some Thule or Yakima racks.