• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2007 Ford Focus Radio Quit

Hey everyone,

I drive a 2007 ford focus se and last night when i left work when i started my car my radio and the lights on the radio died. I check the three fuses that are related to the radio and they are all good. Anybody have any input? Would be very greatfull.

There may have been a wire that rubbed the insulation off causing a short. I had an aftermarket radio way back when I was in high school that shorted out that way and fried the unit. Fuse didn't even blow, just toasted it.

Best bet on a factory replacement is probably going to be John's Auto or somewhere like that. If you hook up another and it fries, you probably have a short somewhere in the system and it will take some work to find. Then again, maybe it just fried on its own and a replacement will get you back in the game.

In my wife's old 02 Saturn SL2, we had a short in the HVAC controls and it started on fire. Being right under the stereo, it also caused damage to it. Replaced the HVAC controls with a John's unit for about 15 bucks and threw in an old aftermarket stereo I had laying around and we were back in business in a couple hours.

If it were me, I would consider it a perfect time to upgrade to an aftermarket unit. If you have steering wheel controls, some manufactures offer kits to keep that integration with an aftermarket unit. You will also find that just about every unit available now has iPod/Android connectivity. Your 07 Focus may not have that? Some have USB inputs on the back so it is conceled and you can route your cable as you wish, some have the USB on the front so the cable just hangs out there, and some have the mini audio jack input. The USB units will also charge your devices. Here in a couple weeks I plan to upgrade in my truck.

I had a similar problem with my factory stereo in my Canyon, did a google search the night before I was going to drop $$ on a after market install, read a post about pulling the fuse, even if its good and disconnecting the battery. Did that and let it sit for about 5 minutes and popped fuse in and reconnected battery and it has worked ever since.

Now that could be a case of the blind squirrel finding a nut too grin