• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

boat upgrades will this work

mrpike1973

hi guys thanks. actually i never had a problem getting on plane i had a 15 hp on it before. the problem was it would porpoise some when i didnt have a passenger. so with a bigger motor i figured it would be worse not sure hope this works thanks

If it porpoises change the tilt of the motor by relocating the pin in the adjustment holes located on the transom bracket. Move the pin towards the transom to get the bow down, away from the transom to get the bow up.

I have the 6 gallon can and two group 27 deep cycles in the back of my 14' Lund and it works great. I also have a MK Maxxum 74 on the front so that helps drop the front down. I tried putting the batteries up front and it wouldn't get up on plane. I prefer as much weight towards the back as possible. The best thing to do is play around with the trim pin on the motor and test it in different positions. I found after repropping my boat, that the position I had the motor in was pushing the front of the boat down too much and it was plowing. I adjusted the pin a bit and she came to life. Before modding my boat, I was running a transom mount TM and a group 25 deep cycle with the gas can in the back. With a 15 horse and the correct prop and position I hit 32 mph on GPS with that sucker solo and she planed out perfect really quick.

I agree with what has been said. The gas tank located in the center of the boat will prove to be a royal pain in the a$$. Save the center of the boat for movable tackle boxes, etc. I ran a 14 foot Lund with a 30HP Evinrude which is roughly the same weight of a 25 HP, and had both the battery and gas tank located in the back. Prop and pitch have more to do with motor performance than most other factors unless the boat is really overweight and grossly out of balance.