• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Its great to hear that they are planning on a 60 day season this year. I must say that in my travels around the area every small holding pond or sloughs do seem to be holding broods if not multiple broods. Spoke to my bros up north and their saying the same thing. Hard to believe it's only a little over 2 months away. Anybody else noticing a lot of broods? just wondering.

Went to western ND this past weekend to visit family. Ducks EVERYWHERE. Like you said, any lake, slough, pond, ditch, or parking lot puddle had at least a couple coots in it. smile.gif Population does look good this year. Now, if I could just hit the dang things when they come into the deeks!

Riverrat, yes I've been seeing lots of duck broods. Our house is on a big pond, and I've counted one batch of 17, another of 9, a group of 8 mergansers, and a couple of smaller batches. Just last week I saw 5 little fluffballs following a hen wood duck! I told them to eat hardy and grow fast!!

Blaze, are you out practicing with clay pigeons yet? If not, lets get together and duck hunt this fall, I love duck hunting with guys that don't know how to shoot!!

BlackJack,

Clay what? Pigeons? What's that? You mean we're supposed to practice BEFORE season opens? confused.gif It's all becoming clear now...

I'd love to get together and *scare* a few ducks this fall. Sounds like we could hunt in your back yard! I'm a great hunting partner - I always make the other guy look like a better shot than me! Hah! Last season I did boast one good shot on a 100mph duck (I swear!) that drew some "ooo's" and "aaah's" from the others in the duck boat, but that's a rare event for me. I usually try to do a fair amount of shooting in Sept. to warm up for season. Next summer I may try joining a trap league. I'm also trying to mix a new Benelli into the picture this year if I can find the $$ - maybe that'll fix my shooting problems? Yeah, right...