• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Venny, bacon, grillmates

Yep...

The best venni burgers after many experiments...

4 lbs venison

1 lb peppered bacon

1/2 vidalia onion cut into chunks

grind together then

mix in:

one package of Lipton onion soup mix

1 cup of good quality BBQ sauce

and one pound of high temp cheddar cheese

Make into 1/3 pond patties and freeze with wax paper or pattie paper between them. You should get somewhere around 15-20 patties... if you go 1/4 pounders you will end up with around 2 dozen. I bought a patty press and it makes perfectly uniform patties everytime.

Awesome on the grill, use them alot when ice fishing or hunting. All you need to do is grab some burgers from freezer and buy a pack of buns on the way up. no cheese, no condiments... cook them up and slap on a bun... then eat! BBQ - bacon- cheeseburger!

Good Luck!

Ken

Most go on the grill DonBo. This was a test run smilesmile

And what do you mean if only it'd warm up?? It's fun grilling at below zero. Did 2 pork blade steaks the other night and the Mrs says. Kinda cold isn't it out there? I said, has that ever stopped me before? lol It's only 3 steps from the patio door to the grill. I do however miss weraing shorts and a T shirt while grilling. soon.......

Yeah, I USUALLY don't let the cold bother my grilling either, but man, it's been COLD! My grill sits right outside the kitchen door on the deck, so opening the door when it's this cold just freezes us out.