• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fish House Frames

perchraider

It is simple to do a search on here for previously asked same question. Hey though, Welcome to the Forum! It depends on what your choice is on size, strength, weight, steel, alum, and what a person wants to spend. I would say talk to LilRipper on here. He has built a few and could probably point you in the right direction! He builds some nice houses and shows pics when building them. There are lots of good frames and some that are built cheaper, it is good to get someone's experience from past frames to have a good start.

Good luck in your build!

Rob

Sorry guys, I disagree on the searches. I've been here quite a while and the search function is the worst I've ever seen on a site like this. Put in fish house frames and you'll see for yourself. This is a good site but the search is poor at best, unless I'm missing something.

Didn't even know that was there, Thanks Highlife. Perchraider, I'm going thru the same thing now and it looks like the Miltona Blacksmith Co and Fish House Supply are the popular two. I've heard real good things about Miltona, He'll build anything you want. I'm going to call him tommorrow. Just a hint-be ready fo sticker shock, these things have skyrocketed in the last couple years.

I got one from miltona this fall and it seems to be a great frame. He will add whatever you want. I went with a heavyduty 8x16 and got electric brakes and a receiver blank put on back for a bike rack when we go camping.

Miltona Blacksmith, price is good, and they tow great, and he will build it how you want it. Have him weld your propane tank holder on right away, somethng I wish I would have had him do right away. Scott59, out of curiosity how much was your 8 x 16 frame? I was thinking of selling mine at seasons end and going to an 8 x 16.

Would it make sense to build the perimiter of the house frame out of 1 inch taller steel tube so the whole thing wouldn't contact the ice and freeze in as easy. I have a friend that drills holes in all the welded cross members so he can hook up his exhaust to a hose that runs to the frame and the heat circulates and thaws the frame from the ice.?.?. I'm not sure I ever get that frozen in though.

Would it make sense to build the perimiter of the house frame out of 1 inch taller steel tube so the whole thing wouldn't contact the ice and freeze in as easy. I have a friend that drills holes in all the welded cross members so he can hook up his exhaust to a hose that runs to the frame and the heat circulates and thaws the frame from the ice.?.?. I'm not sure I ever get that frozen in though.

Shack Rack built something similar. The inner framing which ran front to back was 2x4, and around the outside was a heavy gauge flat steel 'skirt', about 6" tall. This 'skirt' kept the framing from sitting on the ice, and eliminated the need to bank the house 95% of the time.

P1010039.jpg

Mine was 2150 with the heavyduty 6000lb axle, 2x4 square tubing instead of 2x3,electric brakes, receiver blank on back, propane tank rack, and he put heavier duty winches on. I think without all the upgrades it was 1850. That was 8x16 with a 3 foot v

Just curious if your friend is an aircraft mechanic and does that work? I always thought people just blocked it up a couple inches.

Thanks for all the info, guys. I just got back from Miltona Blacksmith. My frame will be ready in about 2 weeks. I don't even have my trailer yet and already I'm ready to recommend this guy. Looked close at his work, top notch. 90% of the frame is powder coated primer, ready to paint. I will take my time this summer and build it right. Can't wait 'till next winter!