• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

LX-6, LX-7, LX-9 side by side

247outdoors

Has anyone ever used these units side by side before, what's the experiences? I am going on a trip with two buddies and we all have the LX-7's. I heard from a friend that he and his wife went to LOTW with the same units and were fighting all over the weekend, they had to take turns on just one unit.

Fished next to a LX5 with my LX7 and didn't have a problem but not sure on the digitals next to eachother. I would assume it shouldn't be a problem since both units use the same sonar just different ways of displaying the signal on the screen.

Last Saturday we put two LX7 transducers in the same hole. We were doing a side by side comparison of the 2.9 vs 3.17 software and what we see on the screen using the same settings.

We could tune our any interference on both units very easily.

Mine was the running the 2.9 SW.I haven't upgraded to the 3.17 yet. There were things I liked about the 3.17 but things I didn't like too. They both showed comparable information in regards to fish, jigs, spoons, bottom content etc. The gain on the 3.17 had to turned up considerably to show what the 2.9 showed at low gain however. I have to get over the fact that I need to crank up the power before I bite on the 3.17. We were fishing in 19 feet of water and I think I want to run the same comparison in shallower water. That may show me the benefits of the change in gain scale with the 3.17.

The additional zoom feature on the 3.17 round flasher is probably desirable to many guys. I almost always run the graph mode and the zoomed vertical flasher so I am not sure I would benefit much.

I will probably upgrade at some point to just stay current. Its just hard to move away from something that works incredibly well now.

Mine was the running the 2.9 SW.I haven't upgraded to the 3.17 yet. There were things I liked about the 3.17 but things I didn't like too. They both showed comparable information in regards to fish, jigs, spoons, bottom content etc. The gain on the 3.17 had to turned up considerably to show what the 2.9 showed at low gain however. I have to get over the fact that I need to crank up the power before I bite on the 3.17. We were fishing in 19 feet of water and I think I want to run the same comparison in shallower water. That may show me the benefits of the change in gain scale with the 3.17.

The additional zoom feature on the 3.17 round flasher is probably desirable to many guys. I almost always run the graph mode and the zoomed vertical flasher so I am not sure I would benefit much.

I will probably upgrade at some point to just stay current. Its just hard to move away from something that works incredibly well now.

It's not requiring more power to see your jig, they just changed the usable range. If before you had to use a setting of 5 and now you have to use 10 then it means that 10 is where 5 used to be. They are just centering the average sensitivity setting which is a good thing.

Joe

you will also have to become friends with the fine line on your unit with the gain change it made the fine line more functional. before the update i had to have mine set at zero so pretty much made it useless as a feature. start playing with it and im willing to bet you will change your opinion.