• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best one man and dog duck boat?

I'm looking for the perfect one man, dog, and equipment duck boat. I think I've got my mind made up betweent an Otter Stealth 1200, a 15 1//2 gruman sport boat, or a 12 foot john boat. I've got a 3hp minnkota trolling motor to use as well. I would be hunitng small ponds and lakes and hopefully doing some jump shooting with this craft. Any suggestions or other ideas would be greatly appreciated. Money is kinda' tight, so even a used boat would be seriously considered. If you have any ideas, let me know here or else at [email protected]

bmc

bmc--

A lot of it is personal preference, and the type of water that you'll be hunting. The boat you mentioned are all good choices. I love Jon boats for smaller bodies of water, but you need to be very careful in rough water. I know to many people that have dumped them when they shouldn't have been out in one. The Gruman sportboat is a great all around boat. Having a dog that behaves well in a boat is also a large factor in the equation.

Good Gunnin'

Duck-o-holic

That Otter stealth is thoughtfully designed, very stable, maneuverable and pretty dang HEAVY! I believe it exceeds 100 pounds. But thats the price you pay for the durability. The photo of the guy standing on the edge of the boat shooting is pretty amazing. Nice dog ramp system also.
They have redisigned it this year, so look for the newer models..........