• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

x65c setting for ice fishing

Might_B_A_Pike

I have a Lowrance x65c ice machine that I have as a back up for people that fish with me. tried playing around with it for a little bit and was not very happy with it. had a hard time getting the jig to show up. tried it in flasher and graph mode.

any recomendations on how people set up their unit would be appriciated.

I have an x67c that I bought used this fall so my daughter would have one when she went with me. I've only messed with it a few times, but it worked well for picking up my jig once I got it dialed in.

I have even used it in my Fishtrap Pro a couple of times while also using my FL18, just to see how they would work together, and it was no problem as far as interference.

It does save the settings that you use, I'll try to remember to turn it on tonight and see how it's set up, that should at least give you a good starting point.

I will say that I do like that unit, and like the graph mode with the split zoom better than the flasher mode, although that will be whatever you like the best.

It seems a little more complex than the Vex, but once you learn your way around the menus it's pretty easy.

Ok,sorry if this gets a little long, but here's what I know. You can set it all up before you even go out and it will keep it's settings. The menus are a little different depending upon which mode (flasher,graph)that you go into them from, I started in the graph mode.

Hit menu, then sensitivity and set that to 85%. Depth range will get set to whatever condition you are fishing in. My chart speed is set to 100%. Mode is ice machine. Hit sonar features and you'll get these options: Surface Clarity, I'm at medium. Noise Rejection, I'm on high. Chart Mode, I'm on ice view. Leave the Fish ID boxes unchecked.

Go to Ping Speed, I'm at 75% (I think if you go higher here, you might be able to turn your sensitivity down, not sure though, something I'm going to try next time)

I've been using the split screen graph mode, with zoom set to 4x. If you're in say 30FOW and your depth range is set to 40', you see the entire water column on the right, but just 10' on the left (it's 4x zoom, that's why 10', you'd see 20' with 2x zoom) that math carries through for all depth ranges. You can slide that 10' window up and down by using the arrow buttons, which is great for best viewing suspended fish, and the right half of the screen will still show the entire depth.

If you go into the menu from the flasher mode, you'll also see some flasher options, you can use regular or split screen zoom, which is like what my FL18 has. I leave the color setting there on ice mode.

I hope this helps, as I said, this is what works for me, and I really like this unit. Play around with it and it should do well for you, too. I've been switching between this and my Vex this year because this is a new (to me) toy.

Thank you, that must have taken you a lot of time to go through. happy fishing.

You're welcome, it actually took me longer to type than it did to check the settings. Do me a favor, post back on here how it worked for you, and what you do for fine tuning.

I use one too. In the graph mode you can monkey with the settings and have it leave the sensitivity adjustment on the left hand side off the screen, which then allows you to use your up and down arrows to adjust it on the fly vs.going back into the menus and messing around. I run my ping speed up all the way too. Ice mode all the time too. I have to "relearn" the menus every year too. But after a few times out I'm good to go.