• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

LX-7 voltage meter

Pedro77

Hello everyone. Just wondering if anyone else has had issues with the voltage gauge not working on the LX-7.

Just picked one up Sunday. Had v2.9, meter didn't work. Updated to v3.17, still not working. Just shows 9 volts and says Lo Volt. Although, if I check at the pigtail with my multimeter, it shows 12.74 volts.

Haven't tried a different battery yet. The box was not factory sealed when I bought it, but unit seems to be new aside from the transducer being scratched. Hope I wasn't sold a returned, defective unit. I will contact Marcum today. They've always been helpful in the past when I have needed service.

I know what happened. Same thing happened to me. When the Marcum was first purchased it had the newest software at the time, then the 2.9 was installed. This will cause the Voltage Meter to malfunction. either send it to Marcum direct and they will fix it up, or return and state what has happened to the customer service. They will have return to Marcum. Either way this unit will be defective unit fixed from Marcum. Marcum customer service is top notch and are very helpful. Hope this helps

This is going from the 3.01 to the 2.9 software. Updating a software with the software below your current package(downgrading).

Did you "downgrade" it yourself? I thought Marcum said that you couldn't do that? Have you tried going to 3.17? If your battery is testing at 12.7 v them I don't think it's a battery issue.

Joe