• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What gym do you go to

mrklean

What gym do you guys go to, snap, LA fitness, lifetime etc or are you a home gym person?

I go to LA fitness myself been one of my favorite gyms so far very reasonably priced lots of locations and depending on the location its really not busy.

The YMCA sure isn't the cheapest but from my experience they do have the most and nicest equipment.

I'm not sure if other gyms offer it but the Y I go to also offers 2 hours of free daycare while you are working out. We are expecting our first baby in May so it will be really nice that we can drop the baby off at the onsite day care and go get a workout in.

I presently go to G365 Fitness in Coon Rapids. It's part of a whole wellness concept with chiropractors, massage therapists, physical therapists and really knowledgable trainers. Used to train at some real hardcore gyms but those really don't exist much anymore and I'm getting to old to go super heavy on a regular basis.

The one we go to with the outdoor pool is actually off of Lexington and 694 in Shoreview. Its a little further away but the outdoor pool is worth a little extra drive in the summer months. There is also a Cub foods and Target right there so alot of times we tie grocery shopping or a target run into the trip so we are killing 2 birds with one stone.

If we want an indoor pool we head to the Y that is on Arcade Street just north of 94 in St. Paul. Its much quieter if you want to do lap swimming in the winter. They also have a suana and steam room in the pool area which feels great when its -10 outside.

The one we go to with the outdoor pool is actually off of Lexington and 694 in Shoreview. Its a little further away but the outdoor pool is worth a little extra drive in the summer months. There is also a Cub foods and Target right there so alot of times we tie grocery shopping or a target run into the trip so we are killing 2 birds with one stone.

If we want an indoor pool we head to the Y that is on Arcade Street just north of 94 in St. Paul. Its much quieter if you want to do lap swimming in the winter. They also have a suana and steam room in the pool area which feels great when its -10 outside.

Thats the club my wife was going to when we met, she loved it there. Unfortunately out in Buffalo I don't have access to that kind of club. Had gone to Anytime for years and really liked it there until the one in town changed ownership and things went downhill. Go to Fitness Evolution now, it works but there are way to many people and the equipment is outdated. I would like to build something in the garage like some others have done. With all the money I have spent on memberships I can only imagine the kind of equipment I could have purchased by now!

What are you guys paying for memberships? I know alot of the bigger chains are quite expensive aren't they? I pay around 50 for me and the wife and that would be about my limit.

I go to Fitness19 in EP. No frills workout place, but they do have day care. I do miss "The Gym" in Plymouth, but the best workout was Minnesota Martial Arts Academy. Punching and kicking pads will get you into shape quick.

I don't recall exactly what we are paying. I believe a dual membership is right around $100/month right now but we've been members for 5+ years now so I believe we are grandfathered in on older rates. My wife gets $20/month off from her insurance if she goes 8x a month which she always does so that brings the cost down. I also get $20 off per month but I need to go 12x per month which I don't always hit. Since I do alot of my summer workouts outside I'll stop by the gym just to swipe my card to record a visit and then walk out and go do my workout at a park somewhere.

Snap-Fitness is 39 a month. I paid a year in advance which works out to be 25 per month. Also I can put it on hold in the Summer which I'll probably do in July and August.

Small club but it's close to home and there seems to be quite a few around if I need that option.

I thought about Lifetime again but it was around 70 a month which is more than I wanted to pay.

If it were up to me I'd be at a smaller place as well. For what I need a Snap Fitness or Anytime Fitness would be more than enough. However, I am a married man so very little is up to me. My wife really likes what the Y has to offer and I don't see her giving that up. Fortunately we have been memebers for so long that I don't even think about the monthly fee anymore. Its just in the budget and I never pay attention to it any more.

I go to the PlanetFitness in Roseville. It's very very very inexpensive.

I've been a member at Snap and Anytime in the past, and PF is about the same except everything is purple and there is more of an emphasis on machines. Still plenty of free weights for what I do.

When I first started working out around 2000, I went to the Williston Fitness Center in Minnetonka. Very bare bones back then, but it worked. I dropped 30# in just over a year, but then hit a plateau.

I then moved on to Lifetime Fitness in St. Louis Park and was there for about 2 years. Very nice place. Took my workouts to the next level, got introduced to working with a trainer, took the assessments etc. Dropped below 200# for the first time in a long time. The down side was the cost. It was about $120/month, without any extras...The facilities were nice, but....

So, I've been going to LA Fitness in St. Louis Park for almost 4 years and love it. I'm a morning guy, and have never waited for any piece of equipment. Not busy..especially in summer when people run outside. It's not a meat market, and people are not stuck up.

I pay $28/month..but I get reimbursed $20 through my health plan when I go 15x/month...which is never a problem. $8 a month for a health club, no commitment necessary..that's a good deal, and it allows me to work with a trainer occasionally to switch things up and stay on-track with my goals. I'm down another 20# and maintain at 175-180#.