• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

There are so many choices of waders out there, I'm not sure what's right for my situation.

I will be hunting all different types of areas, mostly Minnesota. I don't have a dog to use either, so I will be doing a fair share of walking thru muck.

It seems there is not one pair of waders for all conditions, you will either have to be hot in early season or cold late in the year.

Canvas? (cabelas brush busters?) Neoprene? Breathable (cabelas dry-plus?)

Thanks for your help.

I like neoprene. If you do some walking just wear a pair of wader fleece pants underneath. I wear neoprenes for duck hunting and water trapping. In the boat and in and out of the truck. Dont sweat bad either. In early season they can be hot. I have the 5mm hodgemans I think. I have had the same pair for 4 seasons of hard use. But I always have a back - up pair with me.

Seabass--

Neoprenes are extremely tough when you get the thick ones. Protrapper mentioned that his are 5mm, which is what I use and recommend. The big drawback, as mentioned, is that they will be hot in warm weather. I have a pair of Cabela's Dry-Plus that are VERY nice for summer fishing or early waterfowling. They are durable and light. I've also worn these in cold weather with down-insulated underwear, which works out well. Either of these would be great choices.

Good Gunnin'

Duck-o-holic

Go to the hodgman HSOforum. They have unbelieveabley low prices on discontinued camo patterns. My son has the chest high neoprene and I have the waist high. I would go with the chest high if I hunted alone. When the water gets too deep for me in goes the kid grin.gif When the kid outgrows them their mine grin.gif Ken

if you want a good pair of waders you can't go wrong with Rocky I have had mine for 4 years with no problem they are only 3.5 mm and have no trouble staying warm late in the season. And your best bet to get good waders at a reasonable price is Reeds in walker it is a hall but if you do during ther Muskie fever sale you can get some awesome prices i bought my waders for 50 on sale and they cost 145 normally. Just my thoughts