• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Someone talk me out of it

TylerS

BlitzKrieg... Love it!

I can see the shirts now! A heavy talon laden whiskered Schnauser bearing down on a flushing pheasant! Caption wrapped around said logo

"SWIFT and SILENT DEATH FROM ABOVE!

YOU'LL NEVER SEE US COMING!"

I'll take an XL

Blitzkrieg kennels... nice ring to it!

Blitzen? Bah Hum bug! Get that dog away from her! Said whiskerd Schnauser pulling Santa's sleigh for a logo is enough for any wire hair to grow a tail and tuck it between his legs in embarrassment and dismay! Replace him immediately with any dust mop of your choosing... Blitzen... Bah Hum Bug!

Good Luck!

Ken

You're such a softy! Dog gone puppies. Ya just can't say no.

I thought this was a short term puppy sitting gig? Sounds like now it's up to you to either find him a good home, or provide him a good home? You just don't want to give him back to his current owner? whistle

The puppy stage is temporary. The hunting dog stage lasts until they're gone. I would get the dog. The most important things in life are the things that you had to work for. My dog was terrible as a pup. He's 3 now, but has been awesome since 2.

Ultimately, if you think this dog has something special as far as hunting goes, then I would buy the dog. After all, we all know how dogs make us feel. What we have to do for them is nothing in comparison to what they do for us!

I'll be getting a wirehair next next year.

I joined this thread late but I say keep the pup.

Many years ago I was puppy sitting a German Shorthair pup, holding him for our Pheasants Forever banquet in 4 weeks. Turned into a good citizen, got along well with my two labs, even hunted him with my labs a couple of times, he was out in front of them even!! Long story short I fell in love with him. When it came time for the banquet my wife said "don't bring him home", she didn't want the vet bills for three dogs - I've always regretted not bringing him home.

The one downside is that if your current dog is <3 years old, you're going to end up with two older dogs, a 13 year old and a 10 year old. Could be a problem depending upon how hard you hunt and how they both hold up.

Good luck!!

Blackjack,

Those are my biggest fears: increase in overall cost, the regret if I don't keep him, and the consequences of having two old dogs instead of one old dog and one middle-aged dog.

My wife's mind is made up, and so is mine. We're keeping him. Might not be the best decision, but he's such a good dog it almost doesn't seem right. Even now, he's asleep on the couch while the older dog is snoring on the carpet. They get along great. Can't wait to get the young one on birds. I have a feeling he's got quite the nose on him...