• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fourteen years ago, a friend called me that he had a little black furball that someone had dropped by the roadside. My wife had told me no more dogs. When it licked her hand and wimpered, her sales resistance lasted about 10 seconds. He looked to be half Lab and half something big and hairy. The name Moose just seemed to fit. A game of fetch the stick became "chase me through the neighborhood." If you got too far behind, he would stop and wait for you to almost catch up before heading out again. When you caught him, he would smile at you. A year ago, we put him on painkillers; he still got enjoyment out of watching all the critters in the back yard, and laying in the sun. A few days ago, the painkillers weren't doing it, and he couldn't walk more than a few feet. All the kids but my son in the army came to pet him. He got to eat all his favorite treats. Today when I petted him for the last time, he raised his head a few inches and licked my hand. Then my daughter, who's a vet, made his pain go away. Good-by old friend. If this sounds sappy, I apologise,it's just that it's so hard to lose the good ones. Everyone deserves one great dog in their life and I've had two. Everybody out there with a dog, give it an extra pat for me tonight.

Will do icehousebob, Sorry to hear about your dog. I am guessing one of mine will be doing the same thing with in the next year. Sure does hurt to lose something you really care about! Take care!

Rainman

Icehousebob:
Gees my eyes are watering!! I know that in the next few months I will be in your shoes. My 13 yr old black lab is down to one eye, has fatty tumors all over her with one huge one right behind her left front leg. She always want to go to the basement to lay down but coming back up the steps is a chore for her. I think she likes the coolness of the downstairs.

I have a 4 month old yellow now that hopefully will soften the blow but I'm not betting on it.

Hang in there!! Time heals all wounds.