• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Recently Bit by the Black Gun Bug

I must have been sleeping in a cave for the last decade as I didn't realize how popular the AR platform of guns has become. I remember reading posts here of guys building guns for predator hunting, etc but really didn't pay too much attention to it.

So now with the recent political theater regarding banning these guns, I suddenly decide I want to own one. LOL! smile What I've come to discover is everyone and their brother is buying up anything and everything related to AR guns. Just absolutely crazy!! My new favorite world is the AR15 HSOforum... I never knew what kind of hobby a guy could get himself into building AR15s. From buying stripped lowers and completely assembling guns to buying 80% lowers and finishing the machining on them, from anodizing, engraving, etc, etc. Way too cool!

Anyway... not knowing whats coming down the road politically, I've pre-ordered three stripped lowers and am anxiously awaiting their delivery whenever that may be in the upcoming months. There is an absolute fever out there with guys buying lowers... its unbelievable really. I figure its cheap insurance against whatever is coming at us from the federal government. All the other parts should still be available once the market calms down a bit.

I really believe Congress won't be able to do much about passing a new Assault Weapons ban so I "think" we're OK, I just want to be prepared though. smile

I really believe Congress won't be able to do much about passing a new Assault Weapons ban so I "think" we're OK, I just want to be prepared though. smile

Come on out to the State Capitol at noon today and "think" along with the rest of us! We'd love to have you help remind our STATE government that the 2nd Amendment is important to Minnesotans.

Never really wanted one just didn't seem practical, but then I shot one and it really felt good, I mean it was comfortable to shoot and I now want one myself, but I can not afford the over inflated price of them now.

I do however think I have a line on one for a resonable price and after I purchase my books and tools for school I hope I have enough left over for one, If not then a pistol is on my wish list next.

I'm getting oh so close to finally bringing this to reality.

Just ordered up a Spike's Tactical 16" Carbine length complete upper last night.

It comes with an A2 handguard & fixed front site base. So exciting! smile

Started out with the Lower Receivers which I bought during the panic like 10 months ago.

Now that things have settled down, I obviously overpaid for them but oh well. Didn't know at the time.

Over the following months, I've slowly acquired the rest of the parts.

The build list is looking like this:

Lower Receiver - Seekins Precision forged lower

Lower Parts Kit - Rock River Arms LPK

Buffer Tube, Buffer Spring, Buffer, M4 Stock - Bravo Company

Complete Upper - Spike's Tactical

I'm already making some modifications to the basic build:

Billet Trigger Guard - Seekins Precision

Billet Mag Release Button - Seekins Precision

Grip - Bravo Company Gunfighter Mod3

Handguard - Magpul MOE Handguard

Rear Sight - Magpul MBUS Gen 2 Flip Up

Stock - Either Magpul STR or CTR stock

I'm going the Magpul MOE Handguard route for now as they look so much better than an A2 handguard.

I'm more than likely going to go with a Midwest Industries drop-in quad rail handguard in the future as well.

I'll probably shoot it with the "iron" sights for awhile

and am thinking of going with an Aimpoint PRO red dot for my optic after awhile.

Kind of nice to spread the purchase price out over a period of time. LOL!

Building the lower receiver is actually a piece of cake and really requires no special tools. Nothing to be afraid of here although I did experience the obligatory rocket launch of the front takedown pin detent and spring. LOL!

I'm going the complete upper route for simplicity sake for now. Next time around I'll probably build the upper.

Hopefully within the next week, I'll have a nice little AR-15 Carbine put together.

The next question is what to build with the other lower receivers I have? smile Definitely looking at a .22 not sure if I want to go the dedicated .22 route or the conversion route and also considering another .223 with a 18" or 20" barrel and a full length free float rail... more of a precision gun.

Black Rifle Disease setting in. smile

long time no chat bud

newho,

welcome to the blk gun club =D

i have one fully built but i find myself wanting to add or modify stuff all the time. kinda funny but the money i've pumped into "Raina" i couldve probably bought 2 blk guns.

yes i named her and she now has a hubby "bruno" he's a built AK47 =) lol

i've shot a few chambered in .22 and they are fun but i personally would build another 223 if i had lowers to spare like u bud

im hoping next yr to be able to build an AR-10

come on santa be nice to me lol

Take a look at the winter trigger guard that RRA offers. Nice to have the extra room when wearing gloves.

i was just thinking about those a while bak. im hopin to use it for sum yotes this winter and that would be nice to have.

there we go agian, the mods are nvr endin =D