• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

FIOCCHI STEEL SHELLS?

Has anyone out there used Fiocchi steel loads for ducks & geese? I think I have found a heck of a deal on 3" 1.25 oz 1320fps loads and was wondering if they are any good. I usually shoot Remington Nitro's and don't expect the Fiocchi's to be comparable to the Nitro's because of their price but maybe they are more like the Sportsman loads. Anyone know anything about these? Thanks.

I can tell ya that my neighbor swears by them. I on the other hand ran through 2 boxes of 3 inch 2's last year and had trouble ejecting them out of my Remington 870 Wingmaster. The casings are just a little longer and that was causing them to catch.

Not getting off that 2nd or 3rd shot a couple times was enough for me to give up shooting them!

Capt'nJosh

I would not buy another fiocchi shell in my life. Heck if you could get them for free I wouldn't except them. I just had to many problems with them. Just my 2 cents worth.

You want a good shell for cheap- stay away from those Fiocci, and get some PMC. like 1425 FPS, burn clean, ive used em the last couple years now and i love em.. look for these, other than that, i think the winchester expert or the rem sportsman shells would be better than fiocci

i hear their wads like to hang up half way up the barrel and blow up barrels.... i know 2 people PERSONALLY that this has happened to..

Capt'n Josh said it well. I've found the spent hull to be a hair longer than the American made shells, which leads to them jamming in many guns. I've had a few bad shells in a couple of boxes of PMCs, but they could have just been in a bad batch. They are a hard hitting shell that a buddy of mine swears by.

Last year I found Federal 3" 1 1/4 oz. shells for $89.99 after rebate, Remington Nitro's for $79.99 after rebate, and PMCs for $84.90 (no rebate). All shells were the above mentioned load with shot sizes of BB, 2 or 4 (with the exception of the Nitro's which was just 2's).

Good Gunnin'

Duck-o-holic

Duck-O-Holic, where did you happen to run into the Remington Nitro's for that price after the rebate? If I can find Nitro's for close to that price again this year I'll have to take advantage of them. Thanks.
Ed

I will second or third the PMC shells. It's the only thing I've been shooting for the last couple years at ducks or pheasants. I even used there #5 2 3/4 in heavy game load on turkey. I am more than pleased with the price and performance of there ammo.