• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

MN DNR Lake Finder App

DTro

oops I guess I should have looked a little harder.

Just found this in the FAQ link

Why can't I find LakeFinder in my app store?

The new LakeFinder is not an application, rather it is a mobile HSOforum. You have to access it through your device's web browser. Visit http://mndnr.gov/mobile/lakefinder to access the site.

What happened to the original Android-only application?

We are still supporting that application but will not be making any further updates to the application. As a result we have removed it from the Android Market to avoid any confusion with the new mobile HSOforum. Existing users of the Android application are encouraged to use the new mobile HSOforum instead.

Why a HSOforum, why not an application?

Soon after the original application was release we received numerous requests for support for other platforms (iPhone, Windows Phone, etc...). We searched for ways to meet the needs of multiple platforms in a sustainable fashion and concluded that a mobile HSOforum was our best option. The new mobile HSOforum runs on just about anything with a modern web browser, including your desktop computer.

I've been using an app called Cabela's Recon Fish, It allows your GPS to overlay your position and the lakes have decent contours. I use it a lot because I don't have a gas auger or vexlilar yet so I try to get as close as possible to where I want to try. It has a feature to mark waypoints and what not, but they don't seem to stay marked longer than a couple hours. anyways, I like it and haven't found anything better other than a map book, but that doesn't tell me where I am, just where I want to go.

Good Luck!

I don't care so much about the contours, that is what Navionics is for, I am more interested in the Lake Data which you cannot find anywhere else.

I preferred the stand alone app. Now you will need an internet connection and be forced to used data to access it.

I preferred the stand alone app. Now you will need an internet connection and be forced to used data to access it.

Pretty sure the standalone app had to access the internet to pull down data. I don't think it had databases built in. I may be wrong.