• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What's your favorite fishing show?

Thunderfoot

Another one for IDO. I think Midwest Outdoors is alright. Infisherman, anything with the Lindners, Due North Outdoors/ MN bound. Joe Bucher's show is a good one. There was a show on a few years back based in S. Dakota with an older guy named Tony that I thought was decent, cant remember his last name though..

I absolutely CANNOT stand Gillespie.

I guess its a love or hate thing, but my favorite is Waters and Woods too. John, while boisterous never acts like he is better than anyone else and he understands that fishing should be about fun first.

The more programs I watch, the more turned off I am by flashy graphics and sponsor infomercials.

I like watching Jason Mitchell as well for the same reason.

Another one for IDO. I think Midwest Outdoors is alright. Infisherman, anything with the Lindners, Due North Outdoors/ MN bound. Joe Bucher's show is a good one. There was a show on a few years back based in S. Dakota with an older guy named Tony that I thought was decent, cant remember his last name though..

I absolutely CANNOT stand Gillespie.

I believe you are referring to Tony Dean, I think that is Jason Mitchell's mentor.

I like the Linder's show. He preaches a little bit but I got respect for that. I think that's a decent crew. They seem like they actually go out and find fish on their own.

The other one I like is the muskie guy, I think its Joe Bucher? He fishes muskies for part of the show and then fishes smallies or something else for the rest of the show. Anyone who has their dog in the boat is probably pretty decent.

Used to be a big In-Fisherman person but I kinda lost interest in it since the Linder's left. I feel like they just go to major destinations and hire guides (not that there is anything wrong with that but it bores me).

I like IDO and Midwest Outdoors. IDO especially makes me feel like they are just one of us guys out there. What they are doing seems attainable. When I watch Angling Edge with the Linders, it's too overproduced and very formulaic. I get bored because it's often the same thing time and time again, trophy fish after trophy fish. As much as I respect the Linders, when I do watch that show, I find myself preferring the other guys they have on the show. That show is good for learning technique, however.

I like IDO because it's more the just hawking products and showing technique. It's the closest thing I can find to enjoying fishing without actually fishing. Often starting out in the dark in the truck with the anticipation of going out there. Showing more of the setup, sunrise, sunset. Talking about the actual lake they are on. It's all just more real and attainable.

Babe Winkelman is nice for the same reason. I don't learn technique on the show, but get to experience a good day of fishing in a scenic surrounding that's somewhat realistic. Going out with the family, catching fish of all sizes, yet still getting excited over it.

I enjoy keyes outdoors a lot, especially because they fish a lot of the same waters as I do in Minnesota. There are some excellent fishermen on his show as well.

I just got into IDO and I really like it, especially with all the ice fishing content!

Personally, I think the Linders produce one of the best shows out there for the quality of program and knowledge per species. They have done so much for the fishing community, they all seem like good humble Minnesotans.

I do enjoy the hunt for big fish, but it gets annoying after a while hearing how amazing his 'mr. wiggly' is. However, I do enjoy his musky segments the best.

My ten year old records all of the shows he can and watches them when he can, I will have him start recording IDO and see what it is all about.....

Waters and woods for me, new spot every week, not canned trips from last year

I have watched Jason Mitchell, but he is no Tony Dean, I loved Tony Dean!

I watch Joe Bucher ( is he still on? ) and there was a nother northern MN guy I used to watch, Butch something I think