• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What's your favorite fishing show?

Thunderfoot

So I've been looking through the guide on the tele to find some fishing shows to watch. I figure with how late in the year it's getting to be there should be some featuring ice fishing, but it's tough to tell just by their descriptions. What are your favorite fishing shows, and what channel are they on? Both summer and winter fishing.

Any of them on Midwest Outdoors on FSN are good. Even though I do not Muskie Fish that Keyes Outdoors is just awesome....they are so passionate about what they do, provide some great info and the production makes it a very intense half hour...kudos to them!

Has Gillespie calmed down after his heart problems? I seen the first show he did after he had some heart probs late this fall and he was alot nicer to watch. Havent had time since ice up to watch anything on Sat as I fish every weekend. I like watching Lindners and Jason Mitchell when I can. Midwest Outdoors too.

"LOOK AT THAT WALLEYE, LOOK AT THAT WALLEYE, LOOK AT THAT WALLEYE, GET THE FRABILL, GET THE FRABILL, GET THE FRABILL" (yells to the other boats) HEY GUYS ITS A WALLEYE! ITS A BIG WALLEYE!

I gotta say i wasnt fond of that show at first but now I get a kick out of it\him.

Also I watch Keyes Outdoors and Midwest Outdoors.

IDO Is on FSN Sunday mornings at 8:00 I believe.

It is one of my favorites, I like it better now that the shows are more recent than they used to be.

Gillespie is a riot. I watch that show every chance I get just for his reactions. The best are the musky shows with Tex and Pete!!!

Not a fan of Midwest Outdoors. They always seem like one big dang commercial. They are either on Rainy Lake, LOW, Kabetogoma and fishing out of the same resorts each time.

Does Butch still have a show? I haven't seen it for quite a while.

Midwest Outdoors is good. I like Fishing the Midwest. Babe Winkleman's "Good Fishing" although I don't watch his hunting show as I don't hunt, save grouse.

But my Number One favorite is anything by the Linders.

BTW..is the WFN still on cable?

I'll watch any of them if I have a the time. Buy I do like some more than others.

Have to turn the sound off for Gillespie. Nobody should be that excited about a 20" walleye. I like that his show is regional and current.

Midwest Outdoors is also good, but the comment about it being the same locations all the time is valid. I get the feeling that a good part of the motive for the show is comp'ed houseboat trips for the family.

Furtman is good for being "old school". Just go fishing with a camera. Add in some 70's editing and transitions and there you go.

I watch Keye's because I love muskie fishing. But, even though they say all the PC things and act that way on camera. I get the impression they would gladly nuke a baby seal for a hook-up with another big muskie. A bit of redneck in those boys.

Bucher is so laid back and really tries to teach.

Nobody can touch the Linders for production values.