• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wild!!!

OnAFly

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love it, those posts guys ! What if Stoner says hang on Zanon not greg I mean Zenon, this is on me man, I need to square up and own this chump. As the Buffalo Sabre guy says " He beat him like a rented mule and I'm not referring to scoring this time ! " Boogaard, bet Todd Fedoruk has a nightmare about that October night, then bizarrely they became teammates. Stoner is ready, he owes Tootoo, but there's no doubt Konopka will do his best to get Jordin Sparks I mean tootoo's gloves off.

Konopka is an interesting enforcer. He gets in well over 20 fights a year because people don't mind fighting him because he really doesn't scare anyone like Boogie did and Kassian does now. And then the top middleweights like Boll, Prust, Orr, Asham etc go looking for him. Konopka seems more of a pest and the other guys know be won't back down. If you watch most of his fights in the past, they are hug fests just like when he fought Kassian last year. But I love that he's on our team and you have to love his attitude and the way he looks at the game. He gets attention when he's on the ice all the way from the face off circle to the penalty box.

Brodin is in the line up tonight. It will be fun to see how he does, it sounded like he would be with Stoner.

Hopefully we didn't overpay for Suter just to get Parise.

I'm not too worried about Suter, he hasn't been amazing but still looks good. Big adjustment with a new system and new partner. He has been a stud for a long time, remember him in the olympics? One of the best D on the planet!

I kind of hate to say this after a week long training camp, 3 games in 4 days and then two practice days but we need this game tonight. Every win counts and Detroit was a playoff team last you, if you want their spot you have to take it from them.

Got a new flat screen TV. Got it hung on the wall late last night in anticipation of some good Friday Hockey. Gophs on Big $10, Wild on FSN, Beavers on LPT. Can't wait!

Back to Konopka, I like listening to the guy too. He's had a couple of great interviews on KFAN. The dude even has his own wine label that funds concussion research. Hoping he stirs the pot tonight with our future division foe's. Harding to start in net?

Boy, nice way to break in that new Tv.... ugh....

So we all agree. Solbes needs to rip his new tv out of the wall, smash it with a sledge hammer, douse it in gas, light it on fire and finally toss it in the garbage.

Well we got the Blues tonight, they have looked really good so far. Wild will need to play their best game to beat them. Sounds like the 2nd and 3rd lines might get mixed up a bit, a good idea because they havn't done much so far.

Brodin looked pretty sharp in his NHL debut, especially for a 19 year old. Might as well lock him in the top 4 for the next 15 years. grin

I'm a HUGE WILD fan but the Suter signing looks absolutely awful!!! Parise might be the best all around player in the league and is worth every penny!! The first line is great but something needs to change the rest of the way down, Seto and Cullen NEED to go for a D man or 2 and bring up the young kids Coyle and Zucker and let them learn and grow with Granlund as a line!! I know we are only five games in but you can see the problems with personal, especially on D, plain as day!! Sorry for the rant!

The top line has 10 of this seasons 13 goals.. I thought Cullen and Seto had their best game tonight but still far from where they need to be and can't seem to score. I would love to see them traded but it's early and they should keep getting better. I think our other problem is that our D is soft, they have put a premium on moving the puck and offensive Dmen that we forgot we need to be physical.

Yea, Suter hasn't impressed me at all this year. That last goal was on him first turning it over behind the net, and then not trying real hard to get in front of whoever it was in front that ended up scoring the goal. He has a couple other bad turnovers throughout the game too.

I'd disagree about getting rid of Cullen and Seto. Cullen has had a ton of scoring chances the last few games, but has just been snake bitten. He keeps getting himself in position a few of them are bound to go in. I just don't want to see them go too young if that makes sense. It's nice to have some of the veteran players to offset our young guys. Gotta remember it's only been 5 games, these guys need some time to start clicking.

I guess my thinking is that cullen is for sure gone after this season and I believe seto is gone before the trade deadline why not let the young guns grow together like the oilers are!! They couldn't possibly get any less results from them and the experience could be invaluable going into next year

I know we just gave Parise a truck load of money but I wonder if he should get a riase? Amazing combination of work ethic and skill.

After the first line this team is a train wreck right now, its a little early to panic but if they keep this up some of these guys might lose their jobs. No doubt Zucker has earned a shot.

Suter hasn't looked good but I'm not worried about him, he will come around. Brodin had another strong game.

We need to figure out how to play in our zone. I'll agree about trading Cullen/Seto. Neither of them have been consistent for us in the past. I don't know if Cullen is just aging or what, but he slowed down bad in the last couple years.

Suter will figure it out. Bad situation for him with almost no camp, shortened season and new system/people. We don't exactly have another high caliber defenseman to put him with for support.

Parise is being the Parise-as-advertised, just awesome. He never stops moving his feet. I swear that's the #1 thing that bugs the dump out of me when I watch guys struggle. They stop moving their feet, it gets worse. Parise just doesn't stop and his stats are showing it. Now if only we could get a 2nd line that's worth a dam.

And for Mike Yeo ? I'm not sure why but my faith in him is kinda low, I was a bit perplexed we gave huge money to Suter, Shea Weber sure, I wasn't quite so sure with Suter however I rarely watched him ever play, time will tell, I think like most D partners it didn't hurt having a strong tough Weber giving the goalie clear looks night after night, that'll help your +/- Mr. Suter, but hey it's way too early, it will take this team longer to gel, but I have faith.

I don't think there's much to worry about with Suter. New system, and he has the Nashville system ingrained in him from 7 years in the organization, so he's still in training camp more or less. Am excited to see him paired with Brodin tonight. I thought Brodin was great against St Louis. Remarkable poise for a kid in his 2nd game. He's going to be a good one.

DO worry about 2nd and 3rd lines though. Cullen looks slow and behind the play, especially in his own end. On the tying St Louis goal he basically went for a skate and let the point man take an uncontested shot. I know it was a bad line change and the winger wasn't there yet, but geez. Step out... One of his strengths used to be a 200 foot game, but right now...

Granlund will figure it out too. He's gotten pushed around a little but I kind of chalk that up to adjusting to the NHL game. Skill is still there. Actually like what I've seen from Seto although I wish he'd shoot more. But that whole line seems content to play on the perimeter, and you don't score much when you spend your whole shift in the O zone but never get more than 5 feet from the wall.