• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Neighbor stopped by and mentioned an article in OD News said the final deal for next season is on the gov's desk waiting for signing. Anybody have a link to put our last minute input into his final decision. I'm thinking we need to voice out how this will hit them in the wallet to get some notice. Hope someone has link handy or has time to research.. busy entertaining for the Wild game( go MN, yah rodents ). If not, that is my project tommorrow and I will try my darndest to find a direct link.

Bryce...read an article a couple months ago in the ODN and No Dak did their own study and they're going to justify this through the results of that study. It states that the non-res. brings in (I don't remember the exact amount stated) like 20% of the hunting money for the state. The way they twisted the findings was by incl. all hunting clothing, guns etc. res. buy and non-res. don't, they deducted the license amounts and if you purchased your license over the phone or e-mail and not from a retail vendor in the state, they didn't count the amount they make for issueing the license. They came up with a formula for motel stays, and they said meals were a wash. I'm afraid all our statements will fall on deaf ears up there! Nobody thinks MN playing the game of jack the non-res. is a good idea, but I say raise the fishing license fees for non-res. to $75.00 and limit them to 2 five day periods and no family license privledges. all fishing members must have their own license! You can buy more than one license per year for all those that have bought a cabin in our fine state. I was thinking reciprocity with WI but I just found out they're going to raise their non-res. deer tag to $160.00, so nope...hit them too! Maybe this will help the DNR's budget problem! Good Luck! Ken

Labs, hope your boy is doing well.
Heres my input on the ND deal.
I dont think anything said now is going to change anything, this has been going on for sometime now and there were like 100 to 1 yehs to nahs on this bill in house and senate,
(not the exact numbers but close enough)

Like labs said, they have crunched all kinds of numbers on the NR money coming in to the state, and its not enough to make any difference to them, is what I see the bottem line being.
I guess I could go on and on but I'm already starting to sound like I dont know what I'm talking about, heh, heh.

I know , it sucks, they raised most of their fees, even NR fishing license fees, HEH, had to laugh at that one, oh well, DL is o.k. I guess.
The main concern has been land access, and the other seems to be the use guides and
outfitters.
I dont see this bill helping out limiting the use of guides, I actually see it INcreasing,
if the hunt is limited to 10 days, most will want a quality hunt for their time and money.
The freelance hunters are screwed unless they have some private land access.
If I decide to go, I already have a guide service picked out myself, but I also plan on hunting MN this year, as I haven't for so many years and it sounds like things have gotten better further south.
thanks
Had to come back to add this, that I'm talking about the pheasant hunting, thought I was in that part of the forum, heh, heh, goofy sucker eh?

[This message has been edited by Dano2 (edited 04-16-2003).]

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 06-18-2003).]

So this deal really sucks, having a place like ND where I could hunt pheasants and ducks on the same trip, get out hunting pheasants 3-4 weekends, was awesome. Now it will cost double that? That sucks. Maybe it's back to SD for pheasnt hunting.

All I have to say is IOWA, there out of state fees are lower and the northwest side of the state has some decent waterfowl hunting, pheasant hunting was very good there for me last year.