• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Talking to your call

I've got a couple books and a tape on duck calling and I noticed everyone seems to suggest using different words to produce the desired sound out of the call.

Just wondering what everyone else says into their calls. I've been listening to a tape by Buck Gardner and he uses the words "quit" for quacks and tick-a or "tick-it" for feed calling.

Hey Metro, I've been listening to the Buck Gardner CD too. Mostly in the car. I've using the word doot.

What's a pain for me is that it's hard to tell what you sound like. Plus, buck sounds so good on that cd that its hard to compare.

I'm thinking of trying to figure out a way to record my quacks.

take your call outside. there are alot of ducks looking to mate right now. if you live in an area where ducks are flying around your house, start calling to them. if you sound pretty close to what they sound like they'll come into your yard.
or take the wife on a walk around a lake or in a park and just listen to the ducks, that way she thinks your spending time with her, and you get some company while your acting in an obsessive way. learn what they sound like from them and try to copy them. they probably won't fly away if you give them some distance and if you sound bad they'll just look at you and swim away. good luck fellas