• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Art geared towards outdoor enthusiasts

LEECH21

Once again, really beautiful work. I love the crappie, and the wolf is really nice as well. In fact, all three are really very well done.

What was edited by admin.? Did you post prices for your work? I'd have a hard time NOT buying that if I saw it somewhere. I enjoy "outdoor" artwork.

You're a very good artist, Leech!

AWESOME WORK! I too would not walk past this without checking out a price tag.

I have a question if you're willing to talk about your method. I've been kicking around a couple of canoe paddle ideas for my basement decor. I'm not a painter, but if I wanted to paint words on a finished canoe paddle, what paint would I use?

Is it acrylic? or is it oil? I would think it would be tough to get paint to adhere to a finished paddle?

Was thinking about making some kind of creative family name plaque with a small canoe paddle for a wall hanging. I figure, I can do words smile

ThunderLund78, have you thought about wood burning into the paddles? I have done a few things on rustic wood for family members like nameplates and cribbage boards. You probably would have to strip the finish off the paddels and then refinish them once done burning.

2010_03040016.jpg

2010_01230005.jpg

2010_01100006.jpg

I don't mean to hijack the tread, but maybe suggest another idea or his question. I tried to PM TL78, but his box was full.

Cicada,

Funny you should mention, I have done a little wood burning. Again, not an artist so I just traced images onto paper, transferred them to wood and basically followed the lines with the wood burner. Not selling these, obviously so I don't feel bad about tracing existing imagery--it's just for my own enjoyment. Made a pretty neat decorative fishing pole mount that hangs in my basement. Was curious in the paint because I'd like to add a little color and variety to the decor.

PS thanks for the heads-up on my full inbox, I will purge.

Woodburn_1_zps43ff0d8e.jpg

WoodBurn_2_zpsf652de8b.jpg