• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cold front coming thru this weekend, whats your prediction on the fishing?

BLACKJACK

Wife volunteered to go fishing on Sat. "if I find the hot spot". Friday looks ok, high of 36 but then Sat the bottom drops out, high of 10 with big winds, 30 mph plus. Not sure if I want to be pulling my hardsided house around in the big wind but sometimes when a front comes in, fishing is good, but then goes to heck once the cold front is over us.

Wish I could get her out Friday afternoon, to me that looks like the time to be out, whats your prediction for the weekend fishing, considering the weather coming in?

Im going out on Saturday too. I have the feeling it's going to be tough fishing. They probably won't be moving much so I will have to move a lot to find them, then pop lots of holes and hop around to get a fish or two from a localized area. Ive got a backup plan in case my first, bigger lake is too slow. I think having a plan b will be a good dea.

typically 2-3 days after a front moves past and if the air pressure stabilizes, it's back to normal fishing. Low pressure fronts (which are typically warm) are good and high pressure fronts (which are typically cold) are bad...typically, or as they say.

The front isn't here yet, but it sure has thrown off fishing. We couldn't even get them to take a look at a moving jig last night. One walleye came on a rattle reel with a small shiner, and 3 on deadsticks with a plain red hook and the smallest fatheads in the bucket with their fins dang near scraping the bottom of the lake.

I'm not an ice fisherman but I'm on the water just about every day when there is no ice. I have noticed that cold fronts usually mean slow fishing. Shouldn't the same logic apply regardless of the season? It's the same thing but you're not in your boat, right?

I really like this forum. You guys are funny and I appreciate your fishing knowledge.

I'm not an ice fisherman but I'm on the water just about every day when there is no ice. I have noticed that cold fronts usually mean slow fishing. Shouldn't the same logic apply regardless of the season? It's the same thing but you're not in your boat, right?

I really like this forum. You guys are funny and I appreciate your fishing knowledge.

Yes, cold fronts do bring tough fishing but usually not until after the front has passed. The dropping pressure before the front actually moves through can trigger a bite. Generally the bigger or faster the drop the more it can kick the bite into gear.