• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Stikemaster LazerMag

doomanmxz99

I have a 4 year old lazer mag that wont idle but starts and runs great. Everyone is telling me to take in so I did. Went to D rock and got a call saying it had no compression and cylinder scored not worth repairing. I am a diesel mechanic and I couldnt believe it had no compression. Checked myself and I get 115psi. Checked my 20 year MagIII plus and that had 96psi and that one purrs like a kitten. Checking around I found brand new OEM carb for 63.00 was wondering if you guys thought I should give it a shot or had any ideas???? Thanks

Since it sounds like you are familiar with mechanics, why don't you check it yourself? Do you have a scope at work that you can use to look through the plug hole and see the cylinder wall?

If the cylinder is scored, did you run the 100:1 oil mix? If the cylinder looks good, then you would just need to go through the carb, clean, and re-tune.

I did look in the cylinder and it has a some marks but it is not to bad and by the compression numbers doesnt seem to effect it. I didnt mess with it myself because I was being lazy. It has the tecumsh carb and it says its non adjustable is another reason I didnt mess with it. Couldnt find any info on adjustments.

My S/M had similar symptom as yours [ ran fine @ high speed, had a bad idle ]. As I was removing the fuel tank, I found the carb was loose. Tightened the carb, it's been fine since. Check the screws running thru the tank. The carb is sandwiched between the tank and engine. Hope this helps.