• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Looking for Lake of the Woods Tips

Rick

Good video footage and sound advice there Rick. When I fish Lake of the Woods I bring the arsenal with because you never know what the hot bait might be. I have found that many of the fish you see on your graph suspended up in the water colum are walleyes cruising and have made it a practice to get up there asap and do a little jiggle and let the lure come to rest only to have the fish pound the lure.

Another lure besides the chubby darters and lindy darters that are in vogue, is a good old rattling rap which drops fast with a slight wobble and really kicks up a fuss on the upstroke. When your looking for bigger fish this can be a great lure to put some on ice.

Gold has always been a go to color on LOW for me but each person has a favorite color that produces for them on any given trip.

One last tip for tough bite conditions is a 1/8th or 1/4 standup jig head on a dead stick. Jig it a couple times, pound bottom with it a couple times and let it fall right to rest on the bottom while the minnow struggles away on a semi tight line. Neutral to negative fish will often pounce on a minnow struggling on the bottom when other presentations get overlooked. Just a few things that have worked for me that are a bit off the beaten path.

Tunrevir~