• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Marcum flasher firmware 3.17 is up for download

fisherman-andy

Marcum LX7 firmware 3.17 is up for download

Go to their site download the file to perform the upgrade. You will need a USB cable and please read all instructions fully before doing so.

This new version (3.17) will update your LX-7 to include all the sonar performance developed for the 2013 Digital Sonar Systems. Sensitivity/Gain adjustments have been added for more low end adjustability. More low end settings will allow for more micro adjustments, and improve performance of the Automatic & Dynamic range settings. For owners upgrading from version 2.9 or lower this update will bring in the chart zoom view mode. Note that there are two different files for download below. Make sure you select the correct upgrade file based on the version your system is currently running.

- There is no upgrade yet seen for the LX6 or LX9, hopefully those get posted today also.

- Please post your reviews if you get a chance to use the new update on the ice this week.

After fishing today with the update on the LX 7, the dynamic depth is fixed and worked great from 15 fow to 65 fow with no flickering. Also the sensitivity seems to be better fine tuned in adjustments

this is great to hear. I have not got mine on water yet but did notice that in demo mode I still got triangles and lots of flickering on dynamic depth.

im sure this upgrade will be great.. this is my first marcum from switching from vex. though i cant complain too much, added fine tune adjustment (shallow water with your target would be great)

for some reason i have a bad feeling i am going to be regretting the durability... (just my mindset from going mechanical to digital)

UPGRADE NOW: I was using the 3.01 version and I was having all the major problems that people were experiencing, but I can tell you that the 3.17 upgrade is near perfect. The Dynamic Depth is now very functional. Ripping jigs and seeing ghost marks moving up through the column is gone. The Sensitivity is Much better. The scaling issues on the vertical zoom is fixed. I was fishing in 6 ft- 20 ft and I can tell ya, your machine will be a whole new animal once you upgrade.

Used mine all day today in 6-27 ft of water with only one issue. For some reason while in 2 different holes around 5ft deep it showed the depth right on the dial but the big number showed 15ft. Other than that... Zero issues for a full day and dropping in bout 30 holes.

Did anyone else notice that you had to turn the sensitivity up after the update? I have transducer straight vertical and below the hole. I seem to have the issue fishing narrow spoons like a small macho minnow. It reads darters, jigging raps, and hexi flys just fine.