• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Let it snow Let it snow

It`s been pretty quiet lately. This snow is a blessing for those of us still chasing those blasted birds! Man I have seen some new birds come down ahead of this front the last few days. The bad thing is I`m in a bad part of the state to hunt em since the season is closed! Going to make a trip to Roch this weekend and get rid of the remainder of my goose loads, hopfuly in some darn goose. I watched the birds pile into a field I hunted this year by the hundreds the last two days. WOW, we need another week, but only three months till the spring season starts. Grease them guns and reload the ammo boxes.

I hear ya Flip. I watched the birds pile west of Austin all day Friday. Man I wish we could of been hunting that day. Went to Roch with the Kid and Nephew yesterday out of the Premier Flight field west of Roch. We saw thousands of birds but only 1 solo sucked in. That was the last goose of the year for me. Some of the guys in the other fields shot more but for the most part the birds were real shy. It was a good year regardless of the last day. I bet Walley Pimp is missing this cold weather sitting on the beach in Costa Rica right now. Have a merry Xmas

I guess there were a few birds in Roch! About two and half hours of steady birds. Ended up with eight and never pulled the trigger until they had there feet hanging. Man we could of pass shot birds all day but just shot the ones that worked the dekes. I heard this time of year the jelly fish really come in tight to shore down there! Ouch!

Sounds like you had a good last day. I am looking to add some bigfeet to my decoy spread next year so let me know if you see any used ones for sale. Cant wait till Sept 1st now. Time to fish I guess.