• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Portable Mod - Cheap Adjustable Rod Holders

kmjsuperfly

Nice. I own the same house. Anything you can do to simplify things and make use of space makes a big difference. What other modifications have you made?

Ive done a lot of your typical mods, LED lights, 12V Computer fans, seat heaters, 12-6V Buddy Heater plug ect.

I'm working on my sleeper conversion mod for a trip up to Leech in a couple of weeks. I'll make sure to post another video. Its turning out pretty good so far.

not to hyjack whats the 6 to 12v buddy mod?
You can rig up your buddy heater fan to run off a 6 volt rechargeable battery versus the 4 C cell batteries (or whatever size they are).

I did this a couple weekends ago. Works slicker than snot and SUPER easy.

All you need to do is take the 4 screws out of the back panel, lift up slightly and pop the cover off. The cover slides down a bit with hooks (near the handle) so make sure you push up so these unhook.

Next unplug to the two wires from the battery case. I lengthened each wire about 6 inches to make things easier.

I placed the 6 volt battery in the side storage compartment for the 1# cylinder and hooked up the wires which were easily routed through holes in the side compartment.

Simple as that. Took about 25 minutes.

not to hyjack whats the 6 to 12v buddy mod?

Ive seen a few different versions of this. I did mine last year and is a little different than the ones I have seen here. Maybe I'll do another post and show you what I did for mine.