• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

bite dies down with driving?

dmichaelm

anyone else see the bite die down when the cars/trucks start driving out? we went to a spot today we usually kill the pike on and the flags were slow going. there were a fair number of cars, trucks, and sleds driving around. buddies and I were thinking the shifting ice spooks fish?

thoughts?

not trying to find an excuse for a slow day, but there was 13" and a lot of noise from the ice when people drove by.

i know on lakes that have very clear water any noise around my spear house weather its a auger, sled moving around car etc the pike do not move they don't like the noise so yeah Ive seen the bite shut down from noise

I like to ice fish a lake alot but seem to keep myself away for this exact reason on the weekends.

Yesterday, with not much to do, I decided to go to this lake that has been hot for me as of late. I got to the lake and I have never seen this much traffic on the lake in all the years I have fished this lake.

Well, I was there so I went fishing and it was slow to say the least. Most others if not all had the same results. As it got towards and many had left, then the bite did pick up enough to bring home a meal.

Never again will I do this lake ice fishing with so many cars, trucks, sleds and wheelers running around like they were.

anyone else see the bite die down when the cars/trucks start driving out? we went to a spot today we usually kill the pike on and the flags were slow going. there were a fair number of cars, trucks, and sleds driving around. buddies and I were thinking the shifting ice spooks fish?

YES!

Yes they do. I was working a walleye yesterday on leech and when he was starting to get active a truck drove right by and he was gone instantly especially when they just about run you and your shack over in the daylight. Cant wait to get farther out on the lakes and get the heck away from all the people.