• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

glow sight opinions

I can agree with Borch on the distracting while wingshooting. I have used them and found myself paying more attention to the sight than my target in past experiences.

At the same time they do help when trying to figure out leads ..... overall I usually shoot better without.

I dont want to sound like im contridicting myself here but .... I have been shooting with shotguns for years that had no vented rib on them. I changed over recently to a model with a rib and I can smash clays great .. birds on the other hand I've been doing more scaring than dropping .. go figure. I'm thinking about putting a glow sight on to see if it helps.

Whatever works best I guess .. everybody is different.

Throwing the new shotgun at them just might become an option too.

I have fiber optic beeds on all my hunting guns but not sure if they do much good because I seem to miss weather my bead is glow or not.

I shoot alot of trap and skeet adn the first thing people will tell you to do if you start missing is take your front beed off.My skeet gun does not have glow beeds on it and I shot my first 25 under the lights in the dark. I was strickly shooting from instinct.
Shooting is mostly a mental thing so what ever makes you most comfortable!

Think I posted last year and can not remember. Also did a search for glow sights and did not see any, if I did the search right anyway. Now to the question. How many of you do use and why, also those of you who do not why?

Thanks-
Broncosguy
6-2

Thanks for the replys, I to have gone from a smooth barrel 28" down to a 26" ribbed barrel, the funny part is that I drilled the teal opening weekend, and now all I have done is scare the mallards, maybe I am to nervous when they come in as they are the main reason I at the slough, where as if I get the teal or not no biggy, where when I miss a mallard I think, what did I do wrong? I am also re-learning to shoot as I used to shoot with one eye instead of 2, opinions on 1 and 2 eye shooting also welcome.

Thanks-
Broncosguy
6-2

I got glow sights at the beginning of last season, and have found them to be very helpful. I will always have a glow sight on the end of my gun now.....I think it helps a lot in picking up the bird, especially in early morning or foggy, rainy conditions.

Just my $.02
S.A.

Bronco,

I use Hi-Viz sights and absolutely love em. I will not shoot without one. They help in the early morning hours and even hours as well. I shoot clays and trap, also wingshoot as well. The reason I use these sights is because they are a quicker target aquisition and it helps me shoot with both eyes open. In my personal opinion the Hi-Viz Competition sight is the best one. It retails for about $30 and will fish most guns. It replaces the front bead on your shotgun. It is smaller than the old Hi-Viz sights so there is not such a HUGE dot at the end of your gun. Plus it comes with 3 different colors and 2 different sizes. So there is a nice match for about any situation.

Good Luck smile.gif