• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What brand tires do you guys like?

Have had bad luck with GY and Firestone over the years (which now is BFG I think) put Coopers on wife's Burb and those have been good, just put Michelin on my Smaller SUV and really like the ride, quietness, and all-weather handling of those.

i really like the goodyear silent armours. i have gotten at least 65000 out of 4 sets on 2 different dually diesels. im getting my 5th set put on on tuesday before that i ran firestone transforce ht which lasted 70000 just switched for something a lil more aggressive and couldnt be happier

I am pretty open to tires really.

I sell a lot of and I get good feedback about Yokohama, Goodyear and Michelin. They seem to last the longest and more importantly keep traction throughout the life of the tires.

We tend to see poor feedback about Continentals, Dunlop and occasionally Hankook (I think people expect to much out of a all season high performance 19"/20" tire with these though). Don't really sell a whole lot of the other brands.

On my own personal vehicles there currently is quite a mix; Yokohama Avid, Goodyear Silent Armor, Kumho Ecsta, Nokian WRG2, Kumho A/T KL78, Firestone FR380 and Cooper Weathermaster Snows. Out of the bunch currently on a car the only ones I don't like are the Firestones as they don't stay balanced very long.

Have also owned with good success BFG A/T (probably the best truck tire ever made, good traction all the way to the end), Cooper S/T M&S (sad to trade truck in with these on it, they were awesome), BFG Traction T/A (great tires for a smaller car and did well in winter), Yokohama Geolandar ATS (did well all around for a SUV).

Ownwed, not so good, Goodyear Wrangler RT/S (always bad, really bad in snow), Bridgestone Dueler A/T good for the first 4/32 then bad winter traction after that plus noisy), Goodyear Eagle RSA (never really good from the start in rain or snow).

Gotta say if you can swing it for your truck go for the BFG A/T's. They are fantastic. If your looking to save a few bucks get the Yokohamas. They do really well for the money.

Go to the Discount Tire HSOforum and enter the data for your truck to give you a list of the right sized tires. Narrow the search if needed, to your price range and then read the customer reveiews for each tire. Give more credit to reviews from customers who live in our winter/summer climate vs. Florida etc.

I've had both good and bad of most brands over the years. I've had a few sets of Goodyear AT tires that were wonderful and had a set of Goodyear RTS's that were scary in anything but dry warm weather. I've had a few house brand tires work great as well.

I've had the best luck just telling the sales person that I didn't care about brand, it needed to work good in snow, rain and the occasional muddy patch.

265/65/17 Michelin Cross Terrains on my 03 4runner. 90,000 miles on my first set and 80,000 on my second set. For long lasting tires it is prettytough to beat that. Costco is the chaepest from what I am seeing with the 70.00 rebate going on.

Been driving a Suburban (not the same one) for 22 years and the wife a Subaru for 24. Cooper Lifeliners can't be beat for the Subaru on dry pavement and on snow. Great for the money.

Tried many tire sets on the Burbs over the years, Michelins, Firestone, Goodyear, but the best for where I drive are the Maxxis 751 Bravo Series. My dealer has always siped my tires, and the best on snow and ice particularly are the Maxxis. I elk hunt on public land every year and can go in the mountains without chains places pickups without weight can't get to with chains. And best of all (knock on wood), which seals the deal for me, I have never had a flat with these tires, which is unheard of driving on mountain roads. One of the better performers for mileage on the highway too.

I got tires a year ago and I went to order Nitto Grapplers. After he quoted me $300 each I drove away with Firestone Destination LEs at $176 each. I dont know how they compare but the Destinations are so much better than the GoodYears I had that theres no room to complain.

i run 285/65/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers. Best tire on the market

Ive got 285/75/16s and love them as well. Best tire Ive ever had on ice and snow, great in the mud too. They are not quiet car tires though, the deffinetly make some noise going down the road.