• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

04 t and c oil use

i have an 04 town and country van that is using alot of oil. it has a 3.8 v6 with 96000 miles oil light came on a month ago, it was 1.5 quarts low, fillied it checked a week later and another quart low. so i changed oil and filter and 200 mile later another 2 quarts low. i always use 5w-30 and quality oil filter. no leakes anywhere on the ground and no smoke that i notice. any ideas on what it could be

They do burn oil but that is quite a bit.

try this. remove the PCV hose from the PCV valve on the back valve cover and plug the hose and the PCV valve off. Remove the breather hose from the front valve cover. Start the engine. Put your finger over the breather nipple on the valve cover. Can you feel vacuum?

Do the same as above except reconnect the PCV valve. Do you feel vacuum?

Reconnect everything, start up the engine and remove the oil filler cap. Is there a lot of pressure coming out of the opening?

i tried the first part and there was vaccuum it took about a minute to start to feel it and want very strong i though. then hooked everything back up and felt the same, it took the same amount of time and suction felt about the same. then i tried the 3rd part and there was no pressure from what i could feel. and no i dont notice any black smoke at all while driving , parked idling, or while wide open passing someone thanks for the reply