• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

GMC Envoy 2005 Brake lights

A couple of months ago cruize control would not work. I tracked it down to brake light fuse #12. Worked fine for a month or so then it happened again and again until recently it happens everytime I drive it and I think it blows when I brake and use the turn signal. I have removed the trailer fuses #4, 50, 51 to rule out the trailer connector and bulbs are fine. Any suggestions to where to go next would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Fuse 12 goes to the stop lamp switch and then the the flasher module. Power is then sent to the rear fuse block where it is fused again for the cruise input to the PCM, brake lights and the turn signals.

As many problems as we have seen with the flasher modules I wouldn't hesitate to take a stab at replacing it.

I would carefully inspect the wiring around the brake switch to make sure it has not rubbed through. I would have to assume that the problem is somewhere before the rear fuse block since those fuses have not blow. This leaves the the brake switch, flasher module, and the wiring to and from.

Thanks Jeremy

I replaced the flasher module but did not change. I then replaced the brake switch and that was it. When I unplugged the switch one of the terminals came out with the plug which indicated something was wrong in there. Thanks again