• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Floating stand for motion decoys

Anybody using these for deep water sets? Am interested in more info. The only one I've seen so far is from Herter's. Had real hit or miss luck with Herter's products. Either love it or scrap it. Plus $70 bucks seems steep for a little bit of aluminum and 3 decoys that need to be thrown away and replaced. ( only way I've found to make Herter's decoys look realistic )

for deep water sets I have a piece of conduit tubing that is around 12ft long. I place this right over the pole that the decoy fits on. I use this pole anytime I am hunting water on at least one of my spinning wing decoys. I use 4 of them total and I try to set them up so the farther ones out are higher up. the only time I use the regular pole is when hunting flooded corn fields. try the long pole if you want a cheaper fix.
Good Luck
Jon

Already thought of this solution. 12 foot long conduit in the boat would be a pain but I also run into the problem of gravel bottom on a couple of my diver points. Try and push a conduit into gravel from a bouncing boat and I might end up taking a bath. Too cold for that. Got to have a floating stand.

They also make one that fits Mojo Mallards.....They also made a contraption that has the Mallard Machine with the Mojo Landing in the middle (using the mallard machine for a floating stand)

------------------
Strictly Wings Inc.
Debander Goose Calls Pro Staff
Widgnwhackers Custom Lanyards Pro Staff